ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    A real cool trophy from Cameroon - Dwarf Forest Buffalo!!!

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A real cool trophy from Cameroon - Dwarf Forest Buffalo!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Am pleased to be able to report that our client Mr. H was successful in taking a dwarf forest buffalo a few weeks ago in our new forest concession in Cameroon. Mr. H had approached me last year after hearing that the new concession that we are hunting in Cameroon had a good number of forest buffalo and was keen to try for one having failed to shoot one before on previous safaris. I discussed it with the operator and after he said that he was very confident of getting the client one, I booked the hunt. There are no herds and herds of dwarf forest buff anywhere and seeing fresh tracks every few days is a sign of a good population I am told. This is what I also saw when I was there.

On my return from Cameroon I told the client by no means was this a done deal and told him to prepare for a tough and challenging hunt. Having done over 25 safaris all over Africa, he obviously had what it takes! After tracking the buffalo a lone bull for two hours and jumping it twice, Mr. H managed to get a shot at 20 yards or less and downed the buff with his 375 JDJ handgun. What is noteworthy is that this is the second dwarf forest buffalo ever to be taken with a handgun!

I know for a fact that many well known living big time African hunters have never shot one of these buffalo. So it is a indeed an achievement and a cool trophy! Not to mention the serious danger factor of shooting one of these at point blank range! Certainly not a hunt for everyone.

I am happy to have played a small role in making this all happen and thank Mr. H for his confidence in me to arrange his Safari.

Arjun Reddy
www.huntersnetworks.com
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
Tel: +1 845 259 3628
DSC booth # 236
SCI booth # 1148

Posts: 2536 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
very cool picture.

yes they can be mean...

Posts: 1730 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
WOW!!!

Posts: 2326 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Nice. Good on him to have the tenacity to keep trying.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2792 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those are reputed to have worse dispositions than their big cousins.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9540 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Very nice Arjun! They are a special trophy!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I feel very fortunate not only taking this dwarf forest buffalo but to experience the rainforest with the pygmies. It was truly a great experience. My wife also enjoyed the adventure.

I want to thank Arjun for all of his help. He handled everything flawlessly, responded to all of my questions/concerns, and was honest and upfront on all aspects of the hunt. We are already talking about another Cameroon adventure.

Best of Hunting,
Mark Hampton

Posts: 126 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 27 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Arjun for posting these reports on Cameroon. I am headed there in May and each report just throws gas on the fire. What a thrill to track and then get within 20 yards of the bull. Not sure about the hand gun though. I hope to be privileged enough to experience that.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good stuff Arjun.

Posts: 1789 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Mark! That's quite an accomplishment.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Shooting them at 20 yards sounds good. My Dwarf Forest Buff was at 2 yards.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A very nice trophy, and with a handgun none the less! Congratulations Mr Hampton!

Posts: 1422 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words. The hunt was a very memorable experience. Already in the planning stages for the next Cameroon adventure..........This stuff is addicting!!!

Posts: 126 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 27 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2

One of Us
Picture of Carl Frederik Nagell
posted Hide Post
He looks happy - I would have been too Smiler

Good Hunting
Carl Frederik

Posts: 489 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 04 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! That is one of the rarest trophies and hunting them by tracking in the deep forest must be a thrill, thanks for sharing!

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 530 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote