Find
Notify
Tools

Cameroon 2020
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Dear All,

Some photos of my trip earlier on in the year to Cameroon. I am sure at some point I will write a more detailed report, however for now I will just say how great a time I had and that all aspects of the safari were great. It was a dream that came true at very short notice and I can say it didn't disappoint.

Outfitter was "Caracal" Dennis Rollinger.

Enjoy. Hopefully we will all be able to get back to Africa soon.

Best

Alex

Alex Nielsen

Posts: 66 | Location: Europe | Registered: 15 June 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
All with a bow? If so a big congratulations! clap

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2786 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cougarz:
All with a bow? If so a big congratulations! clap

+1

What he said!!

Posts: 2581 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Cougarz & Surfire7,

Only the animals with arrows in were taken with a bow. I was limited on time and the conditions just would have been almost impossible on most of the species without dedicating huge amounts of time to it. Maybe one day I will return, I would love to have tried the LDE with the bow. The situation actually as it turned out would probably have allowed me to get into about 60m on the LDE so I think it would be possible.

The buff I ended up shooting at 50m with the rifle again because of the conditions I had stopped carrying my bow by this point which was a shame as that situation also would have lended its pretty well for a bow hunt.

Thanks

Alex

Alex Nielsen

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done Alex
Great Trophys
How Big was the LDE

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Well done... great to see some African hunting experiences and pictures again. As you so aptly said, hopefully some day soon!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7509 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent trophies. Thank you for sharing. Its great to see some new reports trickling in. Certainly makes these lockdowns a touch more tolerable. How was traveling into/out of Cameroon with the pandemic?

Posts: 1417 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the comments.

mboga biga bwana ~ I honestly haven't put a tape on him. When I get him home will have a look and see what he went.

Brandon.Gleason ~ I went in Feb so pre lockdown / pandemic etc. Having spoken to the outfitter everything has been on a similar lockdown however the are very positive about their hunting season starting in Dec / Jan.

Best

Alex Nielsen

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Alex, thanks for sharing and congratulations on an excellent safari! Well done all around, especially with the bow.

Posts: 3833 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Alex, Thanks for the wonderful pictures. Well done! Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Alex,

You have way too much fun. Very nice bag of Cameroon's best Savannah trophies. Extremely well done.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AK145
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the sharing those awesome pictures...look like a fantastic time and a pocket full of memories.

Posts: 217 | Location: Fairbanks, Alaska | Registered: 15 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
It looked like you had a wonderful time.

A nice mixed bag of fine trophies.

Thank you for sharing your hunt with us.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1563 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent report and nice to see an African bow hunt in a different setting. 12 times better than the 12 pages of garbage on another report!

Posts: 621 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Been there... know how much work it is!

Congrats on an excellent collection of animals!

Posts: 10478 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the comments everyone. Much appreciated.

Best

Alex Nielsen

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done! Thanks for posting.

Posts: 1782 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. Great trophies. It sure is a special place and hunting LDE's is addictive.

Posts: 744 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 31 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! tu2

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Well done—thanks for posting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36416 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post

Posts: 672 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks again for the comments

Alex Nielsen

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Big Congrats. What a great trip!

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote