ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Buffalo/Sable with Charlton McCallum Safaris

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffalo/Sable with Charlton McCallum Safaris
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I had another great hunt with CMS! Back in January at DSC I booked a 14 day buff/sable hunt with Alan Shearing as the PH.

We were hunting Dande East, and, despite a huge fire which came in from Mozambique, we had all the animals on my list in seven days.

We ended up going to Dande North and doing some tiger fishing and spending one night in the Motambo camp. I was fortunate enough to catch a 12 pound tiger on our last evening of fishing.

It was a great trip and I am looking forward to going back in 2020!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3501 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Well done Lee. Thanks for sharing.

Mike

Posts: 21091 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Congrats Lee. Looks like another great CM trip...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nhoro
posted Hide Post
Well done. I know exactly where you caught that tiger! Dande East is an incredible success story.

JEB Katy, TX

Already I was beginning to fall into the African way of thinking: That if
you properly respect what you are after, and shoot it cleanly and on
the animal's terrain, if you imprison in your mind all the wonder of the
day from sky to smell to breeze to flowers—then you have not merely
killed an animal. You have lent immortality to a beast you have killed
because you loved him and wanted him forever so that you could always
recapture the day - Robert Ruark

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good stuff! Thanks for posting.

Posts: 1782 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats to all involved!

Posts: 1853 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like you had a great time.
Hope get out and antelope hunt with you next year

Perception is reality
regardless the truth!

Stupid people should not breed

DRSS
NRA Life Member
Owner of USOC Adventure TV

Posts: 923 | Location: Phx Az and the Hills of Ohio | Registered: 13 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I know where that tiger was caught too!

Well done on the hunt.

Posts: 444 | Location: Hudson Valley | Registered: 07 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Great report and superb trophies! Thanks for posting.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7509 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
Looks like you had a blast.

Thanks for posting your report.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 817 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful kudu! And buff. Thanks for the write up.

I’m leaving Sunday for a buff hunt with Buzz. Can’t believe it’s finally arrived. First trip to Africa!!!

Posts: 133 | Location: B.C. Canada  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Fantastic! Nice buff and great to see quality kudu and sable. Alan is an excellent hunter and a super nice guy.

I hooked/caught a nice tiger (not as big as yours) on my last trip with Buzz, and it remains a highlight. Just something magical about the Zambezi....

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Fantastic buffalo!

Glad you all had fun.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66756 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lee it was such a pleasure having you with us again! Allan raved about his hunt! He really enjoyed it and your company! The east really has come on a long way and with luck this year we will have another water point in the East! Thanks again Lee and look forward to having you in 2020! Cheers Buzz

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone! As to the location of the tiger fish, it is pretty easy to spot if you've been on that part of the river. The hill on the right side of the picture is the southern portion of the Gateway to the Gorge.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Great trophies! Been there as well. Is that a Sharpes Grysbok? If so, all I can say is WOW! tu2 tu2

posted Hide Post
Wow great trophies congrats!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very Nice!

Posts: 225 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 08 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
Great trophies! Been there as well. Is that a Sharpes Grysbok? If so, all I can say is WOW! tu2 tu2

Thanks! He is a common duiker. I guess he does look kind of grysbokish in that picture though.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good place to get a tiger fish replica here in the States? I found several on Google, but don't have any experience in that area.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had mine done by Life Form Taxidermy in South Africa. Replica of a 14 pounder. Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well done!

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Wonderful Trophies!!! I need to get one of those Tiger Fish Mounted!!!

Posts: 2316 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
I had mine done by Life Form Taxidermy in South Africa. Replica of a 14 pounder. Big Grin

Great mount!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks LHook7. tu2 I have more people ask me about the Tiger fish mount than just about anything else in the trophy room, and I've got a lot of interesting mounts! They especially love the teeth! Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
Lee:

It was great to meet you at CMS. Congratulations on the animals. We were in the blind until 0200 the last night, and never got the leopard. Keith Wall (PH) and I hunted to the very end. It was a great hunt and I did have my crosshairs on 2 different leopards. One was a very mature male but I could not get a clear shot. The other was a young male so we let him go. Maybe I will see you there again in 2020. Dale

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was great to meet you, Dale. Sorry about the leopard, but I am jealous of the great crocodile you got!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love the sable! Such beautiful antelopes!
I came back to this topic as I thought there was a picture of a bunch of hyenas and somebody had asked what was up with that. I was wondering about it as I can imagine there was a really neat story to it. I might be in the wrong topic though, but can't find it anywhere now?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
BushPeter, The photo of the Hyenas is in Buzz's Newsletter. tu2 JC http://cmsafaris.com/newsletters/2018%20news/74.jpg

Posts: 1138 | Registered: 24 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks! CM really looks after their areas and clients, great reports all over.