ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Bow Hunt for Cape Buffalo with Rainer Josch -TZ
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bow Hunt for Cape Buffalo with Rainer Josch -TZ
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
I just heard from Rainer Josch. His last client of the year was another bowhunter. This one was an 18 year old son of a Zim farmer. He got a decent bull on the last day. An excellent shot and a clean kill with a 72# Matthews and a German Kinetic. Well done!

Rainer says he may be hunting this fall. Look him up if you are interested in a unique hunt in a unique area.

Don_G

...from Texas, by way of Mason, Ohio and Aurora, Colorado!

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don,
I just caught up with your hunt report and wanted to add my belated congratulations to all the previous.
True hunting mate and was wonderful to read and see the pictures with my morning coffee.
Inspiring.
Best
Steve

Posts: 744 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 31 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great hunt report. Excellent pics. Fantastic results. My hat's off to you, I have no desire to hunt buffalo with a stick and a string. Bears don't bother me but a buffalo?..........

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update...it brought this thread back to the top. I missed it first time around. An amazing adventure, and a fantastic report.

That buff is quite the cull! Of course, after a hunt like that a bull with two broken horns would still be the trophy of a lifetime!

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys.

I am very proud of my cull bull! Smiler

Don_G

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Sounds like hunting to me. What an achievement. What next?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9867 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
Last year was my 60th, so I booked three big hunts. Spring Black Bear , Cape Buffalo and Grizzly Bear. This year I have no money left, so I'll be spending more vacation time on my motorcycle.

Don_G

one of us
posted Hide Post
What a remarkable fete!!! Congratulations and thanks for posting.

Best regards, D. Nelson

one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
I finally got my trophy finished. Euro mount by Jonas Bros here in Denver.

Don_G

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Proper.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Unusual and interesting hunt report. I just love the Euro mount with the arrow!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
I just heard from Rainer. He is completing his website at www.rainerjosch.com

I'm 63 now, and having pure Hell with sciatica. I was right to go at the ripe young age of 60 while I was still hale and hearty. You should all do the same. I have never regretted spending the money.

Don_G

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Don,

Would you mind posting a photo of the side of the Euro mount.

I'd like to see if they ground the bone flat where the teeth come out or they just pulled them out.

I like the way your mount looks. It is pure E. Africa class all the way.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
One of my all-time favorite reports.

If my memory is correct you had one hell of a good hunting year in 2013?

I'm sorry to hear you are having challenges with sciatica, and hope you can find relief in the days ahead.

Belated Thanks Don_G for the report, and the heads up on Rainer's web site. His first film on Buffalo is far and away the best I've ever viewed on the subject.

Posts: 2928 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
This is like a good book and one that is worth reading again again.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Being a bowhunter this was also one of my all time favourite reports. The amount of effort and planning that went on pre-hunt made the actual hunt that much sweeter. Absolutely awesome.

JCHB

Posts: 412 | Location: KZN province South Africa | Registered: 24 July 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don_G:
I just heard from Rainer. He is completing his website at www.rainerjosch.com

I'm 63 now, and having pure Hell with sciatica. I was right to go at the ripe young age of 60 while I was still hale and hearty. You should all do the same. I have never regretted spending the money.

Sorry to hear about the sciatica Don! Still in awe at this hunt. Quite an accomplishment. Love the euro mount!!!

Hope all is well, and wish you a happy and healthy 2016!

Cheers
Chris

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
Thanks again for all the kind words. I'll say it again: Go Now! Blame it on me if your wife balks. Smiler

Here's a side pic of the Euro mount. I was disappointed that they had not cut the skull thin. Notice they did not even remove the teeth. It was very expensive and I did not feel I'd gotten my money's worth, but I'm used to it now. They did do a great job on whitening the skull.

Don_G

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very Well Done!!!!!

Posts: 225 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 08 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Personally I prefer cape buffalo full skull respet cut ones. But is a matter of preference, I think.

D.V.M.

Posts: 179 | Location: Italy | Registered: 02 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
If it was flat cut I would have to figure out a different way to incorporate the arrow into the trophy. Like I say I'm used to it now, even though at first I wanted to refuse it.

Don_G

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is great Don. The buff mount looks great to me too - but it isn't mine of course.

I enjoyed your Hunt report and all the effort you put in to it . I am not a bow hunter on any consequence, but yours was quite the hunt. I will be 60 too and with beat up legs I am glad you did it for yourself and shared it with us. I wish you had gotten a second one too.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
What a great report and incredible hunt! Congratulations on the adventure of a lifetime.

Posts: 3855 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Great report. I read it when you originally did it but also being a bow hunter it is well worth reading again. Sorry to hear of your present problems. Would love to book this hunt bow or rifle.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2796 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
This may be a shameless plug, but I wanted to bring this back to the top. The picture hosting is costing me $8/month and I will have to stop paying that soon, so read it now if interested in bow hunting Cape Buffalo.

If anyone knows how to host the pics for free, please contact me.

Don_G

One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don_G:
This may be a shameless plug, but I wanted to bring this back to the top. The picture hosting is costing me $8/month and I will have to stop paying that soon, so read it now if interested in bow hunting Cape Buffalo.

If anyone knows how to host the pics for free, please contact me.

Easy, just use postimage.org it's free and pretty simple to use. There's a tutorial in the Forum Suggestions here on AR that will guide you.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2796 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
Thank you for bringing this Report of yours back up & the time it took you to post it.

Great hunt you had & much more so with the Bow, really puts the "HUNT' into hunting !

I use Imgur & it is free also, Photobucket wrecked some great forums & interesting posts/threads .

Oh could you say what type of Mt Reedbuck you saw there please ?

Posts: 461 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This was a great report then as it is now. The amount of time and effort that went into getting the equipment ready was educational. I used this report as material for my own preparations.

JCHB

Posts: 412 | Location: KZN province South Africa | Registered: 24 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the wonderful report and for whoever brought it back to the top!

When I first watched mountain buffalo, I decided right then that it was a hunt that I must do. Now I just have to convince my wife about this necessity Smiler

Belated congrats on a hard-won hunt and trophy. First class in all regards!

"The true test of a man's character is what he does when no one is watching". - John Wooden