Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D. Nelson:
quote:
Originally posted by 405wcf:

The Haldane brothers have a great concession (now two) and run an excellent operation. I suspect Mozambique is well on its way to again becoming a safari hotspot.

405wcf

I certainly agree!!!! Their operation changed my mind about Mozambique!

Best regards, Darin

IMO, as I've said here before (many times), Mozambique and Zambia are the best two safari destinations in Africa today. beer

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 405wcf:
They spent some time with LJ when he came to town last winter and I thought perhaps he would end up working for them. They are truly wonderful caring people.

That fly camp is a nice set up! We had a blast out there. I have pictures of one of the trackers eating raw iguana eggs he found there.

The Haldane brothers have a great concession (now two) and run an excellent operation. I suspect Mozambique is well on its way to again becoming a safari hotspot.

405wcf
having hunted Moz twice now(Coutada 10-Zambezi Delta and the shore line of Lake Cahorra Bassa) i can safely say Moz is not on the way to becoming a safari hotspot- it has arrived!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13141 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Darin,

Happy belated! As usual you all cleaned up. Very good trophies, sounds like a great adventure.

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Darin,
Always great to see all the success you and your husband have. Love reading and seeing the enjoyment that you both get from hunting Africa. Awesome job!
Linda Thornton

Posts: 150 | Location: Washington | Registered: 01 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
Great report and congratulations on some nice trophies. Welldone on the croc shot, they are not easy.

Ahmed Sultan

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Well done Darin... looks like you and Moz made up! Very nice trophies... I love the suni and red duiker!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Darin, finally got on AR and loved your report. Sounds like a great time and great trophies. And a happy belated birthday.

You will have to connect me with your Michigan friends. Not sure where they live but they could be close to me.

All the best,

Larry

York, SC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great story and pictures! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Proud DRSS member

one of us
Picture of ChopperGuy
posted Hide Post
Great report and it mirrors my hunting experience with Mark and Glen. we've hunted with them 2 times in Moz and once on a bird & game combo in Zululand.

Only problem is Mark won't leave the keys for the helicopter in camp while I'm there. Guess he's afraid we'd do some sight seeing on our own!

First class and great adventure all the way.

If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life. - Igor Sikorski, 1947

Posts: 676 | Location: Spring Branch, TX (Summers in Northern MN) | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Wonderful Report. tu2

"Annual Last Safari" clap

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Well written, great trophies!! You always look so happy. Big Grin

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David_B
posted Hide Post
Awesome report, great trophies and well done!

Posts: 62 | Location: VA | Registered: 04 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Safaris Botswana Bound
posted Hide Post
Great Report

Did you get a chance to chat to Craigh about how he was shot by Sudanese poachers and his dwarf buffalo goring - Craigh is a great guy ( a long time ago we used to call him biggles ) and it was great reading about him in Mozambique - quality guy , quality hunt , great hunter !!!!

Graeme Pollock

Posts: 473 | Location: Botswana | Registered: 29 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bisonhunter1
posted Hide Post
Great report, fabulous pictures. Sounds like you had quite the adventure yourselves this year. Congratulations.

Willi

Posts: 576 | Location: Post Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did you get a chance to chat to Craigh about how he was shot by Sudanese poachers and his dwarf buffalo goring?

Graeme;

Yes, indeed, we heard the stories about the poachers and the "contract" put out on Craigh. They were frightening to say the least. The story about the dwarf buffalo was a little less so, but he had scars from both episodes!!!! He had some other exciting stories as well...he is an amazing person, and very low key about all his experiences. I would love to hunt with him again.

Best regards, D. Nelson

Picture of Crowkiller
posted Hide Post
Wow what a Nyala!!!

TANSTAAFL

Posts: 73 | Location: Georgia USA | Registered: 31 December 2003Reply With Quote