ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Mokore mid season pic for 2014 . Sengwa Research Area

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mokore mid season pic for 2014 . Sengwa Research Area
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This is our second season in Sengwa . With good management game quality is definitely improving.
Here are some highlights so far.

and the one that got away.....

As can be seen some great trophies taken so far.
Best buffalo measure 39, 40 , 42 , 44 and lastly a 46 incher. Several waterbuck taken there this year over 30" ,some very good eland ,biggest 37" ,good bushbuck, biggest 17" a, a good lion ,tuskless and other plainsgame.
As you can see the leopard that got away is a giant, came close to getting shot a couple times but very clever. If you think he has your name on him please send me a PM. Late season offers very good.

Will send more pics once season finalised.

Posts: 229 | Location: Coutada 9 Mozambique | Registered: 27 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry date on trail cam for leopard pictures is incorrect for some reason ,this was taken July this year.

Posts: 229 | Location: Coutada 9 Mozambique | Registered: 27 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
Beautiful trophies - looks like you guys are having a great year.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done on some great trophies and more so for managing your areas so well, great to see such good management

Posts: 394 | Location: Africa | Registered: 25 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some awesome quality - the dewlap on the wise Leopard is impressive.

Good one Neil!

Posts: 352 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 01 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
Great pictures. It's a pleasure to see a place properly managed and coming back. Now posting that Tom that's still there...that's just downright cruel! hilbily

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Congratulations on a stellar hunt & trophies!

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Torbjørn
posted Hide Post
Congrats on some fantastic trophies taken so far this year.

I hunted Chirisa with Phillip last week and we saw some huge leopard tracks close to the border between Sengwa and Chirisa. Phillip was really excited by the tracks. Perhaps the same leopard .....

Torbjoern

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: 17 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
On the come. Well done men on taking care of the area and bringing it back to life. Hope to see it soon.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Good to see such a beautiful area on the rebound. My impression was that the previous operator had pretty well pounded the area. It is wonderful that good, quality operators still exist that care about sustainable hunting and are willing to put in the time and money to make it happen. Kudos.

Mike

Posts: 21209 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FishN4Eyes
posted Hide Post
Some great animals pictured.

Love the buffalo and waterbuck, very nice.

That leopard on the trail-cam is a brute!

Posts: 736 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 28 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Top notch. Great effort by the Duckworths.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9868 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
wow great pictures congradulations

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've posted a full list of what Mokore still has available for '14 on the Outfitter's Offered and Discounted Hunts forum under title MOKORE SPECIALS available '14.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12866 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Delighted for others' success. We went for two weeks to get a dugga boy and tuskless. Saw one shootable tuskless and zero dagga boys. Lots of water bucks, kudu and warthogs. The website claim of near 100 percent success on tuskless elephant should be viewed with skepticism.Our game scout shared that Sengwa has very few tuskless, described the website as "that is marketing".

One of Us
Picture of Donny01
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armorer:
Delighted for others' success. We went for two weeks to get a dugga boy and tuskless. Saw one shootable tuskless and zero dagga boys. Lots of water bucks, kudu and warthogs. The website claim of near 100 percent success on tuskless elephant should be viewed with skepticism.

Matter of opinion here I would imagine?

Don Jooste & Doug Duckworth

doubledproductionsdon@gmail.com
doubledproductionsdoug@gmail.com
doubledproductionstara@gmail.com

Double D’ Productions

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armorer:
Delighted for others' success. We went for two weeks to get a dugga boy and tuskless. Saw one shootable tuskless and zero dagga boys. Lots of water bucks, kudu and warthogs. The website claim of near 100 percent success on tuskless elephant should be viewed with skepticism.Our game scout shared that Sengwa has very few tuskless, described the website as "that is marketing".

Odd that so many other hunters would have fantastic experiences and yours would appear to be the exception in terms of a negative experience. Just makes you wonder, is everyone else wrong and you are right or is there more to the story, e.g., hunter was unable to physically keep up with the demands of the hunt, hunter placed unrealistic demands on the outfitter or PH, hunter could not shoot, other. Sure everyone can have a bad experience but to suggest that the advertising is false and the claims of success are just marketing hype . . . then where are the other unsuccessful hunters that would validate such claims?

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wrote about our hunt at Sengwa. We have hunted Africa many times. Never did I say anyone's trophies were not valid. I qualified expert as a U. S. Marine, sighted in three different rifles at camp into an aggregate 1" group, play competitive tennis, do strength training and am 6'1" at 190 pounds. We marched up to five non-stop hours in 90 degree heat, day after day. I repeat, we saw one shootable tuskless and zero dagga boys. There were plenty of the animals I recited were there. We had a first rate, very experienced PH.
I call them as they are from first hand experience and wonder about someone who doubts my ability or veracity without foundation. What values, honor or agenda does that person have? Would they like to stand before me or our PH and debate the facts totally without any information?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Armorer:
Thank You for your report and your Service.
Hope that you get your Buff. on your next safari, we do have many experienced and professional hunters here on AR.
Paul K

Take Trophies - Leave Brass

Posts: 670 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 22 January 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Armoror,

I am not one for getting onto forums and having a mudslinging contest. However, I do feel it necessary to step in and defend this wonderful hunting block. To date we have failed on two full tuskless hunts...yours and one last year that was in early June...reason that one failed is that there were too many cows( herds of up to 120 animals) in the herds to get into them and the bush was still very thick. At least a dozen tuskless were seen though. Other than these we have been successful on all. I personally could have taken a tuskless on every safari I hunted there this year even though I wasn't looking for them. ( 6 hunts) I will go as far as to say that should a hunter who can keep up and take opportunity given come and hunt with myself, Neil or Doug in months August through October, that I will guarantee an opportunity at a tuskless or daily rate back. Re dagga boys, whilst you were in camp, I recall that 3 solid boss bulls ( albeit these were non-trophy hunts) were taken. We have taken only solid bulls except two, which were PH errors and they get fined for these mistakes. These results are from almost our whole quota this year. You conveyed that you didn't want to hunt the buffalo until the tuskless was down. Also you didn't hunt for 3 days or so really as were sick, your wife fell down 4 times while walking with a loaded weapon, you were after a scrum cap or bull with badly broken horns, etc. All this leads to a tough challenge. Do not blame the area....it is very good and getting better! Doug is hunting there currently and has seen 18 dagga boys in 5 days. I am sorry you didn't have a good hunt, but it is not the area!

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GMD:
Armoror,

I am not one for getting onto forums and having a mudslinging contest. However, I do feel it necessary to step in and defend this wonderful hunting block. To date we have failed on two full tuskless hunts...yours and one last year that was in early June...reason that one failed is that there were too many cows( herds of up to 120 animals) in the herds to get into them and the bush was still very thick. At least a dozen tuskless were seen though. Other than these we have been successful on all. I personally could have taken a tuskless on every safari I hunted there this year even though I wasn't looking for them. ( 6 hunts) I will go as far as to say that should a hunter who can keep up and take opportunity given come and hunt with myself, Neil or Doug in months August through October, that I will guarantee an opportunity at a tuskless or daily rate back. Re dagga boys, whilst you were in camp, I recall that 3 solid boss bulls ( albeit these were non-trophy hunts) were taken. We have taken only solid bulls except two, which were PH errors and they get fined for these mistakes. These results are from almost our whole quota this year. You conveyed that you didn't want to hunt the buffalo until the tuskless was down. Also you didn't hunt for 3 days or so really as were sick, your wife fell down 4 times while walking with a loaded weapon, you were after a scrum cap or bull with badly broken horns, etc. All this leads to a tough challenge. Do not blame the area....it is very good and getting better! Doug is hunting there currently and has seen 18 dagga boys in 5 days. I am sorry you didn't have a good hunt, but it is not the area!

. . . and they say there are two sides to every story. Imagine that. What I know is that I cherish the memories of my hunt in Sengwa Research. It is a unique place.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have said it before and likely to repeat Sengwa Reseach Area with the Duckworths at the controls is a "Lekker" setup for a hunter. It is a beautiful Wild area. I will never forget first light one morning standing on a ridge overlooking the vlei and watching herds of buff, herds of ele, as a male lion woke up and strolled across a sand river. My kind of place. My kind of people!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife tripped two times with a loaded rifle, which she usually carries when she hunts dangerous game. There was no discharge or danger to anyone other than her frustration. She was up on on the march again within one minute, creating no delay. I got ill, probably on food carried from Bulawayo. There were no hours or days missed from hunting as a result. To say there were is simply untrue. We watched for buffalo, elephant and their tracks every step of the way with the emphasis on elephant. The emphasis was on elephant but not to the exclusion of taking a buffalo if a fresh sighting or tracks presented themselves, which they did not. Our PH was as hard working, gracious and experienced as any we have had. Both trackers were ill and we supplied them with medicine we had brought. This did not affect their effort or performance negatively whatsoever.
The PH kidded me the third day I was "sick" "to give me twenty press-ups"aka push- ups. I stopped at thirty after the point was made.

We were able to begin hunting the area where the nice but not dagga boy quality buffalo were taken beginning on our tenth day. There were four other hunters using this area until then. I did not confine my objective to a scrum cap, though that would have been ideal. Any old dagga boy would have been taken as I did not want to kill a buffalo like or lesser than those I already have.

Were I sensitive to inaccuracies by people who were not there, reporting events which did not occur, I would not have dared to share the experience we had at Sengwa. We saw one shootable tuskless cow and zero dagga boys.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys
I've never hunted Sengwa.I hunted the Zambezi valley the last 3 years for Tuskless and also buffalo.
There is no guarantee's for success on any of these hunts. You need to put in the hard yards, and also need to have some luck on your side to achieve success.
I've gone close to the wire in bagging my target species a couple of times, my hunting buddies in the same camp at the same time have bagged out in the first week of the same trip!
It's just hunting in the wild!
No one can offer 100% success . Most Of the good Zim outfits achieve 90% plus! which is I think best possible in a truly "wild" hunt scenario.

Cheers

Nick

Posts: 665 | Location: EU | Registered: 05 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Armorer
I am sorry to hear that your hunt was unsuccessful. Please understand that it is not our intention to mislead people into selling them something that is not as we've advertised. This will always come back and bite you. We have been in this business for a very long time so understand this clearly.
As Gary stated above this is our second tuskless hunt we have failed on in Sengwa. From what I understand is your wife came very close to shooting a tuskless on the first day. If this had of happened the rest of the hunt would have been very different. I am not trying to make excuses but hunting is hunting like many have stated here.
Mokore Safaris was nominated by The Hunting report as the top company for consistency with good reports on their hunts so it is very unfortunate that your hunt was not as you had hoped. We try run a first rate operation . Our camps and areas are good and well managed.
I wish you better success in the future on your hunts.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dear Neil,
Thank you for your thoughtful and quite accurate response. I shared our hunt experience at Sengwa because we believe the AR forum is generously provided to allow hunters to candidly exchange Accurate information. On our first hunt day our very able PH led a stalk on a family of elephants. One large cow,apparently without a dependent calf, was focused upon. A smaller cow immediately stood beside the larger one leaving a narrow gap to shoot over it's head for a high brain shot on the intended target. Waiting a few seconds for one to move proved unsuccessful as the entire family fled on a wind shift. Only one finger can be on the trigger at a time and the hunter decided the risk of shooting over a bobbing head was not worth the difficulties which would follow for all concerned. She offered to our very able PH that the shot was not taken believing tuskless elephants were plentiful. We never saw another shootable tuskless cow despite plenty of skilled effort by our PH and his ailing trackers. Some good news arrived on the eighth day that Parks wanted an elephant shot for Heroes Day. On the ninth day a pass through 25 yard brain shot left an older tusked cow dead in her tracks. Go Mom!
It was a great stalk by a skilled PH. Not the elephant we wanted but better than being skunked.
While we had been looking for a good buffalo bull the entire time we never saw any but a few youngsters in a couple of herds. The remaining hunt days focused on a buffalo but still hoping a shootable tuskless showed up. Neither happened even when we moved to the area vacated by the four other hunters.
Sengwa is a beautiful area and you run a good camp. We hunted hard and I spoke accurately about our experience. It is a shame doing so brought on uninformed and inaccurate statements about events during our hunt. You have lifted the plane of the information shared with other AR readers. Well done.