New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jan Oelofse-Namibia
 Login/Join

<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
I've hunted twice with Jan Oelofse near Kalkfeld, Namibia. My P.H. on both trips was Steve Tors. Steve is an excellent P.H.. Steve's tracker on my first hunt with him, which took place in 1993 was a fellow by the name of Naftali. Naftali went on to become Namibia's first black P.H.. His skills are also outstanding. On that trip(my first Safari), I took excellent Kudu, Gemsbuck, Springbuck, and an average Impala. On my next trip with Jan in 1998, I took excellent Kudu, Black Wildebeest, Warthog, and Waterbuck. Jan has leased hunting rights on almost 1/4 million acres of neighboring farms. Accommodations were 1st rate, as were the meals. Trophy preparation was excellent, and my taxidermist said that they were among the best he'd ever seen. There were no problems or bad surprises from start to finish.

<allen day>
posted
Steve, Jan's operation is as you describe it alright!

In hunted with Steve Tors as my PH last year and he became a favorite person after about one day of hunting. Naftali was a full-blown PH last season, and a very likeable fellow indeed. I look forward to hunting there again........

AD