Find
Notify
Tools

Royal Kafue 2019
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MikeE
posted Hide Post
Andrew, I still owe AR a report for my hunt last September. As usual though, be gone 3 weeks and have to scramble to catch up with business and life ( and girlfriends LOL) when I get back. Sorry you lost your pics mate, I have most of the ones we shared still, I'll drop them on a drive and give them over next time I see you, this summer.

I also hunted one of Andrews Leopards, a big fat bastard that could and did eat 40-50 pounds of meat a day. IN a week, he ate, two hindquarters of a buffalo, most of a roan, several puku, and we never got a shot at him. He never came the same time once, anywhere from the middle of the day to the middle of the night. The game camera caught him once, about thirty minutes before we got there, in middle of the day, sitting on his butt, holding a hindquarter from the bull, down from the tree, AFTER he climbed the tree, lifted the bait from where we had it, and dropped it lower. That hindquarter, was all that two guys could lift together, getting it up there.

As was mentioned above, Jake and Tom, did a lot of the heavy work daily, and I enjoyed hunting with them very much also. Save me some whiskey, and see you soon !

I'd post some pics, but photo bucket seems to be down at the moment......

Master of Boats,
Slayer of Beasts,
Charmer of the fair sex, ......
and sometimes changer of the diaper.....

Posts: 347 | Location: HackHousBerg, TX & LA | Registered: 12 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeE:
Andrew, I still owe AR a report for my hunt last September. As usual though, be gone 3 weeks and have to scramble to catch up with business and life ( and girlfriends LOL) when I get back. Sorry you lost your pics mate, I have most of the ones we shared still, I'll drop them on a drive and give them over next time I see you, this summer.

I also hunted one of Andrews Leopards, a big fat bastard that could and did eat 40-50 pounds of meat a day. IN a week, he ate, two hindquarters of a buffalo, most of a roan, several puku, and we never got a shot at him. He never came the same time once, anywhere from the middle of the day to the middle of the night. The game camera caught him once, about thirty minutes before we got there, in middle of the day, sitting on his butt, holding a hindquarter from the bull, down from the tree, AFTER he climbed the tree, lifted the bait from where we had it, and dropped it lower. That hindquarter, was all that two guys could lift together, getting it up there.

As was mentioned above, Jake and Tom, did a lot of the heavy work daily, and I enjoyed hunting with them very much also. Save me some whiskey, and see you soon !

That was a big cat mate and he is still alive and good on him. Good on us all and a very fine safari all round.

Love to the girls.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9846 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:

That was a big cat mate and he is still alive and good on him. Good on us all and a very fine safari all round.

Love to the girls.

Was a great safari, good times, good company and some fine whiskey and cigars died honorably, along with I think many of my brain cells.

Keep that cat on standby for me, he's without a doubt one of the best that will ever be taken, he's a brute.

Master of Boats,
Slayer of Beasts,
Charmer of the fair sex, ......
and sometimes changer of the diaper.....

Posts: 347 | Location: HackHousBerg, TX & LA | Registered: 12 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:

Love to the girls.

Was a great safari, good times, good company and some fine whiskey and cigars died honorably, along with I think many of my brain cells.

Keep that cat on standby for me, he's without a doubt one of the best that will ever be taken, he's a brute.

Cheers

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ummm......wait

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like you had another amazing season Andrew. Keep up the great work!

Posts: 952 | Location: Mass | Registered: 14 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeoffM24:
Looks like you had another amazing season Andrew. Keep up the great work!

Cheers Geoff and when you next returning?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal