ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    I think this says it all....................

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I think this says it all....................
 Login/Join

<JHook>
posted
This was all taken from digital video I shot. Notice how the "rule of thirds" gives so much to the pics............enjoy...........J  -

-

-

-

[ 07-21-2002, 22:24: Message edited by: JHook ]

<Rusty>
posted
Yes it does!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ok Jhook,
Where is the mirror in the last picture? [Big Grin]

Very nice pictures
Greg

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Orion>
posted
thanks
weidmannsheil martin

one of us
Picture of 308winchester
posted Hide Post
JHook

Nice!

Johan

Posts: 1082 | Location: Middle-Norway (Veterinary student in Budapest) | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JH, I don't know much about photography, what is the rule of thirds? - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JHook

Where is your closing quote, "A gun is just a tool" come from?

Posts: 141 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With Quote
<JHook>
posted
Dan the "rule of thirds" concerns proper frameing of a subject, and it applys to both still photogrphy and video, unless your just talking about head and shoulder photo shots or group shots.

Basicaly you slice your picture into 3 slices, both horizontal and vertical, lets see if I can do it here.

--------------------------------------------------
1 2 3

--------------------------------X-----------------

--------------------------------------------------

Now useing the "rule of thirds" you would want to place your subject, in the viewscreen, centered on the "X". Roughly where I have the rhino on the first three pics. The reason for this is if the rhino was centered there would be no background and the shot would have no depth. Look at the pic where he is nehind the tree and imagine how poorly it would look if all I had was the rhino centered behind some branches. With the rule of thirds used I have the full tree, with the rhino behind it, and the shot is much more dramatic.

There are exception to the rule, if only to provide a bit of variety, or if theres only one way to get a shot, like with momma and her calf. Even then I had the cam centered properly I was just to far away, and they were to far away from each other, to give the shot any depth.

Cit, my qoute is from the movie "Shane". When shane is telling Marian, the ranchers wife, that guns arent evil. Only people are.......................J

[ 07-28-2002, 20:10: Message edited by: JHook ]

<JHook>
posted
Heres another example of "The rule of thirds being used Dan.

-