ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    2018 Namibia Hunting, Camping, and Fish Trip

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2018 Namibia Hunting, Camping, and Fish Trip
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted
I never got around to publishing a report for the trip my 15 year old daugther (at the time) and I took to Namibia in 2018. I figured with the absence of reports given Covid, I'd write one up. I didn't feel like pasting all the pictures, so please use the shared album link. Enjoy!

Namibia: June 18 – July 2
Airline: KLM (drive Austin to Houston; then Houston – Amsterdam – Windhoek)
Outfitter: Stormberg Elangeni safaris
PHs: John Sparks and Petrus Brenkman
Cameraman: Danie Elks
Areas: Otjiwa Game Ranch, Orupembe Conservancy (the Kaokoveld), Henties Baai (Fish Fever Cabin)
Rifles: 375 H&H Mauser M03 with 250 gr TTSX & 35 Whelen 1917 Enfield with 225 gr TSX
Arrive/Depart: June 18th/July 2nd
Animals taken: Black (2) and blue wildebeest, impala, waterbuck, blesbok, kudu, red hartebeest, warthog, Hartmann’s zebra, springbok (3), gemsbok (2)
Animals seen: baboon, giraffe, rhino, eland, leopard, jackal
Shooting: No animals missed, no animals wounded or lost. Both gemsbok, zebra, and 2 springbok 300+ yards.
Pictures: I had a lot, please use this album link. Pictures

Well Darn - it's keep truncating my trip report - here's a shared Word Document until I can get this solved.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdz7...6c/Namibia.docx?dl=0

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3022 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Some nice photos and trophies. It looks like it was quite the adventure for both you and your daughter. What's the story with what looks like a tank smashed in at the top?

Thanks for posting this and yes it's definitely been a rather dry year for folks posting reports new or old.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2786 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cougarz:
Some nice photos and trophies. It looks like it was quite the adventure for both you and your daughter. What's the story with what looks like a tank smashed in at the top?

Thanks for posting this and yes it's definitely been a rather dry year for folks posting reports new or old.

Those metal tanks were smashed in by elephants trying to get water at the very bottom. It was sad that the water station was no longer operating.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3022 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you and your daughter! I enjoyed reading the report and seeing all the pics.

Posts: 1782 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post

Posts: 672 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote