New
Find
Notify
Tools

Broken Bones with PH Alan Shearing
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Join first time buffalo hunter Gary and PH Alan Shearing as they follow the blood spoor of an angry Cape Buffalo that is just not ready to give up! Check out the link below

https://youtu.be/h2iz8KDZcxE

Posts: 107 | Registered: 04 September 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Great bit of film. Outstanding even.

Alan has a great name in hunting and proves it here again.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9852 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I do not like to see bloody broken bones!

One knows that there has been a screw up, and it always entails a long follow up!

Happened to my last year with a wildebeest.

We followed him for at least two hours before finally putting and to it.

My friend Walter has a knack of wounding animals.

We find bones, meat, gut content, skin bits, but no animal!

And I always get the blame, because I am supposed to follow it and finish it clap

He says “I gave you skin, meat, stomach, bone and you still failed to find it! Even a dog is better than you and all these friends here!”

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66856 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed it very much. That was one tuff buffalo for sure!
thats whY I like hunting them so much!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
WR500? Welcome to AR. Is your alias a dream or a reality? An awesome double, for sure.

Posts: 20079 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
That was one tough buffalo! Eeker

~Ann

Posts: 19132 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
A professional hunter told me a story of him guiding two gentlemen from South America.

Both were using 458 Winchester Magnum rifles, and were not very efficient with them.

I think he mentioned them using 27 rounds to kill one buffalo! rotflmo

A friend of mine used my 375/404, and 12 rounds to kill a buffalo!

He blamed my useless bullets! jumping

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66856 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just the title of broken bones brings back the thought of tracking a wounded kudu for hours on my Buff hunt.

Tough animal and just glad my shot was true when it came time on my Cape Buff.

Posts: 133 | Location: B.C. Canada  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
Another great episode.

This is the highlight of my week during this Winter that never ends.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 817 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjbull:
Another great episode.

This is the highlight of my week during this Winter that never ends.

That’s a very nice thing to say. Thank you sir. Next weeks episode is my personal favorite

One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
Alan is a smart guy with a lot of experience.
He knew that was not a great hit and knew better than a quick follow up.
You could see that it was a tough angle for the shot.
I will be hunting with Alan next year.Great guy to be in camp with
Can't wait Big Grin

Posts: 753 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Alan has a great name in hunting and proves it here again.

I have enjoyed great fortune in twice hunting Dande with Alan. A real professional with an incredible never give up work ethic. His hunting team are also great guys. Hunting with Alan has been instrumental in fostering a love of hunting Buff. Hunt with Alan and you profit from his huge wealth of knowledge and experience.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 1999 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ryry4
posted Hide Post
Great video!

Posts: 171 | Location: Alberta, Canukistan. | Registered: 08 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs
I do indeed have a 500 drop lock WR and use it!
Took a 62lber in Namibia last year with it!
It’s coming again with me this year As well!

one of us
posted Hide Post
It's one thing to run ads for your sponsor's products, but in my opinion it's overstepping the line to work them into the content. There is ZERO credibility to the statement "see, xyz product is fantastic" when xyz is a sponsor.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2927 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The video brought back many fond memories of hunting with Alan Shearing in Chewore North in 2012. Alan is a fantastic and dedicated hunter, as well as excellent company in camp. I can't recommend him too strongly.

Posts: 113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: 26 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have never heard anything but praise for Alan. He is everything a proper PH should be. Great episode.

While I get that sponsorship is the way these programs are made possible, I too would rather not see it as content. I, however, have the luxury of an opinion without economic consequences.

Posts: 1978 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am really enjoying your shows, I watched this on DVR this morning. I’ve hunted with Alan twice and will be doing so again next year. It was cool to watch him work without being on the hunt.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3506 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Funny, I don't see similar objections to a Nascar race car zorching around the track with a great big "MOPAR" logo on it, or a Chevy logo for that matter, ... or a MMA fighter with a "Monster Energy Drink" logo on his shorts. Is that not mixing advertisement with content? The other option is to not have entertaining content to enjoy at all. I suppose some would prefer that.

I've shared camp with Al once before when he was guiding another client. My son and I will be hunting with him for the first time this July in Dande. Seriously looking forward to it.

One of Us
Picture of nhoro
posted Hide Post
Great video, again.

In 2016 my youngest son and Rich Tabor hunted croc and leopard in Dande. We baited along the Zambezi for croc, and one afternoon we waited on the edge of small tributary where we had staked a bait. A local village lady came to the opposite side, unaware of our bait and our presence on the other side, and started shouting "Alan" across the Zambezi to the Zambian side. Our afternoon hunt was over, but we jokingly wondered if she was shouting for Alan Shearing ....

JEB Katy, TX

Already I was beginning to fall into the African way of thinking: That if
you properly respect what you are after, and shoot it cleanly and on
the animal's terrain, if you imprison in your mind all the wonder of the
day from sky to smell to breeze to flowers—then you have not merely
killed an animal. You have lent immortality to a beast you have killed
because you loved him and wanted him forever so that you could always
recapture the day - Robert Ruark

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't mind it, especially when it would seem that he's used the product long before he was part of the show. Alan also gave a plug to Krieghoff even though they don't appear to be a sponsor.
quote:
Originally posted by Russ Gould:
It's one thing to run ads for your sponsor's products, but in my opinion it's overstepping the line to work them into the content. There is ZERO credibility to the statement "see, xyz product is fantastic" when xyz is a sponsor.

Posts: 563 | Location: Weathersfield, VT | Registered: 22 January 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Bravo to a successful follow up following a bad first shot. I have done the same thing.

NOT recommended. The first shot should be the only shot. But it doesn’t always work out that way. None of us is perfect.

It feels awful to wound an animal, and one feels compelled to follow it up and administer the coup de grace as quickly as possible.

I have thanked God more than once for the skill of good trackers.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13358 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've shared camp with Al once before when he was guiding another client. My son and I will be hunting with him for the first time this July in Dande. Seriously looking forward to it.

Met Alan for the first time over a few drinks in Reno and not only does he have a reputation as a very fine hunter but a gentleman as well.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:

Met Alan for the first time over a few drinks in Reno and not only does he have a reputation as a very fine hunter but a gentleman as well.

Flying out of camp after my Buff hunt with Buzz, we made a stop in Dande to pick up two other hunters.

I hopped out of the plane and first guy I met I almost blurbed out “you’re Alan Shearing!” Hahaha but I stood there and he offered a handshake and said Hi I’m Alan.

A gentleman and Buzz spoke his praises aswell.

Posts: 133 | Location: B.C. Canada  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Met Mr. Shearing in Makuti when we shared camp for a few days...but I think I remember that better than he does....hey I get that a lot... Confused

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thierry Labat
posted Hide Post
Alan is a very unassuming guy! Brilliant And one of the best for sure.
Great filming and nicely produced. Well done Buchanan’s

Posts: 644 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 10 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had the pleasure of calling Allan a good friend for the better part of 20 years. He has been CMS main ph since our very first hunt and I cannot say enough about Allan.

He is the ultimate gentleman , most proficient PH and simply a hell of a nice guy. If you consider that Allan does about 160 days a year for us and has done so for as long as we have been in operation. During this time we have never had a single complaint in any form against him- that will tell you something!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Great film. Thanks for putting it up.

There are some excellent PHs out there!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2256 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:
I have had the pleasure of calling Allan a good friend for the better part of 20 years. He has been CMS main ph since our very first hunt and I cannot say enough about Allan.

He is the ultimate gentleman , most proficient PH and simply a hell of a nice guy. If you consider that Allan does about 160 days a year for us and has done so for as long as we have been in operation. During this time we have never had a single complaint in any form against him- that will tell you something!

I know some Danish ladies who would like to take him away from you. They can give him 365 days.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:

I know some Danish ladies who would like to take him away from you. They can give him 365 days.

jumping

They behaved properly last time i saw Alan and the ladies in the same camp... but of course I was not in camp all day… did some hunting too Big Grin

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andrew and Morten jumping

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
Great video! Each video gets better and I thank you for it. My wife and I truly enjoy them. As per the sponsors comments, if any sponsor wants to pay for me to hunt buffalo in Africa I will put their stickers on my rifle and tattoo their logo on my arm. Big Grin

Safe hunting and safe shooting

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SFRanger7GP:
Great video! Each video gets better and I thank you for it. My wife and I truly enjoy them. As per the sponsors comments, if any sponsor wants to pay for me to hunt buffalo in Africa I will put their stickers on my rifle and tattoo their logo on my arm. Big Grin

Safe hunting and safe shooting

tu2 thank you sir