Notify
Tools

Back From Bongo Hunt in Cameroon
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of cable68
posted Hide Post
Great report.

Bongo are a dream, and the wife to be has mentioned wanting to see a rainforest..... Smiler

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Adam Clements
posted Hide Post
Judge,

Yes elephant are on license if one wishes to hunt them there. The only problem though is that you can not import them into the USA. Europe, Mexico etc. no problem at all with importing. Trophy fee for Forest Elephant is $7,500, but again depends on the outfitter. A good shootable forest elephant would be 10-15 kilos, but would highly suggest you pull the trigger on a 10 kilo one if you saw it. Dawrf Buffalo trophy fee is $2,500.

The forest elephant are very dangerous as it is at very close range. They tend to charge a lot whether you are hunting them or not. So, for those who want an adventure in the thick forest up and really close, this would be a hunt to consider. You can see how think it is in the picture, and you are normally at 10-15 yards.

See below what a good elephant looks like taking by a Spanish client.

adam@safaritrackers.com
www.safaritrackers.com
210-698-0077

Posts: 473 | Location: San Antonio, Texas & Tanzania | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jon2
posted Hide Post
Safari 12

Thankyou for taking the time to share your experience. An excellent account i think the best i have read.

Superb

Posts: 596 | Location: Cheshire, England | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will you finance a hunt for say 15 years? lol

Posts: 344 | Location: Elkin North Carolina USA | Registered: 12 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Adam,

Thanks for the wonderful report and congratulations on your hunt!!

Awesome!

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
One of the most enjoyable posts I've read here. Thanks for sharing, and congratulations on what surely was an incredible experience you'll never forget.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redlander
posted Hide Post
Great photos, great photos, great post.

Thanks.

cheers thumb clap

If you are going to carry a big stick, you've got to whack someone with it at least every once in while.

Posts: 842 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 23 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Adam;

I had an email from Orlando telling me what fun he had and how successful you were. The photos confirm all of that!!! Makes me really want to give it a try. Congratulations!

Best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
Picture of Adam Clements
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for the comments, and glad that you all enjoyed hearing about my experience.

D. Nelson, I am glad that Orlando also had a good time, and I really enjoyed hunting with him. Two PH's hunting together, we had a ball and probably did more talking than hunting. I would highly recommend the hunt and experience to you.

adam@safaritrackers.com
www.safaritrackers.com
210-698-0077

Posts: 473 | Location: San Antonio, Texas & Tanzania | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Adam,
It is nice that as a Pro, you can still enjoy the hunt yourself.

Also, I guess everyone is a TEXAS fan now?

Posts: 326 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote