ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Early Season Ele Bull & Sable Safari Highlights (Video)

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Early Season Ele Bull & Sable Safari Highlights (Video)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Thanks once again to Steve, Richie & his team for making it all happen. Thick, wet, exciting, emotional and enjoyable! True hunters for conservation... enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...N0k&feature=youtu.be

One of Us
Picture of Carl Frederik Nagell
posted Hide Post
Just fantastic

Good hunting
Carl Frederik

Posts: 489 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 04 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Good film and well done Steve on your Elephant and very good shooting on your part.

Unlucky on the Sable and hunting early season as you have witnessed can be difficult.

Beauty is you get to hunt Sable again.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9867 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lovely filming Ray!!
Same rain as we had in Chewore in November eh!!!!
Well done to Rich and his team, and of course to Steve on a great old ele bull.

Cheers

Nick

Posts: 665 | Location: EU | Registered: 05 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Limpopo Big Game Safaris
posted Hide Post
Well done Sir.
Excellent video and a great hunt.

Posts: 603 | Location: South Africa Limpopo | Registered: 03 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great safari was had by all - Ray fantastic footage and so well put together as always..... Congratulations!!

Posts: 107 | Registered: 04 September 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes Mondo!!! Great filming brother.Good tacking boys, Well done Richie in some tough conditions and Steve well done for your lovely Ele bull and for your true hunting spirit,your a real character!!!

Posts: 111 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 19 June 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Job well done by all. I have experienced Tondi and Clever's tracking ability and they are two of the best. That was intense with it as thick as it was and elephant running around. Ray, you didn't miss a beat. Outstanding

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What double and caliber was that?

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vid doesn't seem to work on YouTube

Posts: 373 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 13 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
?Looks like a round action VC the cartridge had a bit of a shoulder thinking 470
Great vid thanks for sharing

Posts: 1612 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, looks like a great hunt resulting in a great trophy. Dry out that VC for the next trip.
Still need a sable, huh? Big Grin
Thanks for sharing.
Larry

Posts: 372 | Location: Atlanta.GA | Registered: 07 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Very nice video, I enjoyed it.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Really enjoyed it! Thrilled to see you using a Trijicon scope, and congrats on a great hunt!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Great video as usual.

Great elephant congrats.

Rich Schultz is one of the nicest guys I have ever met.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of HendrikNZ
posted Hide Post
great vid

Posts: 354 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 11 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed watching your video. Thanks for sharing.

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Early season elephant hunting at its best . . . not for the faint of heart. Brings back many great memories. Thanks for sharing and congrats to the hunter.

Mike

Posts: 21207 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vid not working Confused

John

Posts: 172 | Location: Ireland/London | Registered: 09 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well done to all.I liked the beginning shot in the video.Good capture of the ele bull shooting as well.What area was this?

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting, I really enjoyed it. Brought back some great memories.

Posts: 1307 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:

tu2

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats, very nice.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1327 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ken reports that the rifle in the clip is a Verney Carron round body 470. Nice-looking double!

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very cool looking weapon. Looks like a shotgun almost.looks easy to carry. Perfect for elephant hunting.

Posts: 111 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 19 June 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations.
Very nice bull.
Video was excellent.

Posts: 744 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 31 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Great video clip but did I miss the second barrel going off?

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ozhunter:

Did you believe the second one needs to go off just because it is said that it is supposed to go of on AR??

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ahh....
Early season. Beautiful encounters, lovingly photographed. Thanks for bringing me along.

Posts: 1978 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
quote:
Originally posted by ozhunter:

Did you believe the second one needs to go off just because it is said that it is supposed to go of on AR??

I think it was just out of the frame. I think I heard 4 shots. But yes Shootaway, most use a double for the quick second shot when the game is still standing.

And Great job on the hunt OP. I've done March Ele hunt twice, would like to do it again. Great fun!!

Mac

Posts: 1723 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I could be mistaken but it seems as if the tracker?? fires also-maybe twice.The video shows the hunter reloading with only one round.

One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
I could be mistaken but it seems as if the tracker fires also-maybe twice.The video shows the hunter reloading with only one round.

Could be. Thanks for posting this video Rustichunter. Loved it!

Mac

Posts: 1723 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The first shot looked good.I don't know why the extras were needed-unless the hunter asked for the follow-ups beforehand.

One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
The first shot looked good.I don't know why the extras were needed-unless the hunter asked for the follow-ups beforehand.

I always keep shooting when the animal is still on it's feet. And in the case of Elephants I like to put in a couple more shots after they have fallen. I consider it the ethical thing to do.

And double so when you are looking at a $15K trophy fee getting the hell out of Dodge.

I have never taken a heart/lung shot on an elephant before but I would think in the heat of the moment on a moving animal it would be hard to judge how good the shot was.

Mac

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mac,you need to get that new 577 out in the jess.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wonderful video. Granted, when you first hear that lioness it does make the butt pucker a bit.

Posts: 222 | Location: Peculiar, MO | Registered: 19 July 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of slimtim
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the video.

Posts: 137 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing this with us. I hope it get to return soon and kill one twice as big.

Posts: 10836 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cajun1956
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Well done Steve, Richie, and team.

DSC Life Member
HSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
SCI
RMEF

Posts: 2021 | Location: Republic of Texico | Registered: 20 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Certainly gets your heart pumping! Great video of a great hunt.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote