Find
Notify
Tools

The Hunting Report
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted
Anybody still a subscriber? I just checked out the website, no information or updates past end of 2018.

Posts: 558 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My suscription lapsed in Feb. and I haven't bothered renewing since they never sent issues I paid for and wouldn't answer emails. Some American members seemed to receive some monthly issues, although late.
Hunting Report was worthwhile while Barbara was there. I see she now runs a "report" service available through SCI which is probably for members only. It starts this month as part of Safari Times. I hope this works out well for Barbara. She has a real interest in the hunting world.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 1994 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I never subscribed, but I see the purpose it may have served at one point. However, I think AR has a better reputation for steering us to, or away, from operators. From what I understand, the HR was one sided without comments to the positive or negative to the experience. Here, others can chime in and those that are shady will be outed in short order. Bad hunters at the same time.

Thank you, Saeed.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
I never subscribed, but I see the purpose it may have served at one point. However, I think AR has a better reputation for steering us to, or away, from operators. From what I understand, the HR was one sided without comments to the positive or negative to the experience. Here, others can chime in and those that are shady will be outed in short order. Bad hunters at the same time.

Thank you, Saeed.

I only subscribed for a short time and had the same thoughts you did: everything seemed to be wonderful. Also didn't like the one guy who always reported on hunts; can't remember his name. Seemed to be a paid advertisement.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Wasn’t there a section for counter points to a report??

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66766 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Folks,

I subscribed for many years and yes there was a section where a complaint could be posted and a rebuttal. Too bad they've gone under as their data base went back a long way and you could receive lots of info on operators, areas and species you might be interested in.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was a subscriber and it is a shame as their reports were extremely helpful. Even the bad ones and the rebuttals. Most hunters listed contact info so another way to get references.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I renewed right after Barbara left, and had issues with the website to pay, but got it done.

I haven’t received anything on a timely basis. No paper copies at all.

It was a colossal waste of money.

When Don Causey and Barbara Crown had it, I thought some stuff sounded paid, but the searchable database was worthwhile.

I suspect at some point there will be some class action ambulance chaser telling me I can get a dime on the dollar for the settlement.

Posts: 10479 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And now isn't Barbara with SCI in some capacity?

Posts: 94 | Location: South Eastern PA | Registered: 11 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hard to imagine that it isn’t down for the count.

Posts: 11909 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Northman56751
posted Hide Post
I agree,the Hunting Report has gone down the tubes. Used to read it every month and it HAD a great database. I also used to get the monthly e-mails from them with the newsletter, but have not received one in months. Anyone know who actually owns the Hunting Report?

Looks like Barbara has been contracted by SCI for a new service called Hunter Information Services and Hotline. Rolling out through 2019

https://www.safariclub.org/hunter-information-service

https://huntforever.org/2019/05/30/19037/

Brett Mattson
www.hosted-hunts.com
E-mail: brett@hosted-hunts.com
Cell: 218-452-0774
Life Member NRA

Posts: 258 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was a subscriber for 10 years and got some really good info from the newsletter. I remembered hearing last year that Ripcord had taken over the Hunting Report. Their silence on HR’s demise is disconcerting - have used Ripcord and consider it a great service.

Posts: 87 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
With the way Ripcord has run HR into the ground, I'd be hesitant too do business with them.

Posts: 322 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Their website is still up to a certain extent. When I clicked "log in" nothing happened.

If they are down for the count, I wish they would just tell us.

Posts: 11909 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They have not had a Facebook post in about 15 months. Not looking good.