ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Buffalo Special with Martin Pieters (And what a special it was!)
Page 1 2 

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffalo Special with Martin Pieters (And what a special it was!)
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Russell, you suck...I mean, way to go pal! Big Grin

Nice ele, and that is a tremendous buff. Pretty cool too as you were the last hunters of the season...I guess they came in from the Park...you just never know and that is what makes it exciting. I recall Ganyana saying that some of the biggest buffalo in Zim come from Omay, for those willing to hunt for them - well yours is proof that just being there improves the odds!!!

Mart's got a good team and runs a solid operation, and at a time when some of the well known areas are sliding...it's great that he's working so hard to continue to improve the hunting in Omay. I can't wait for my May ele/croc hunt, and whatever else the hills may hold!

Congrats to all on the hunt!

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Bill C,

+1 Martin really is passionate about making his areas even better than they already are (and they are great now). It is fun to around a guy like that.
We need to quit bragging about him and reporting these great hunts, he will get so busy we will have to book two years ahead to hunt with him.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thoroughly enjoyed your report and photos.......my kind of hunt. What success in a short hunt! Thanks. Jim

Posts: 136 | Location: Great Falls,MT | Registered: 28 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Russel- Congrats those are two fantastic trophies. Hats off to Martin - it is great to see an operator finally putting something back into their area -something we have not seen in the past!

Knowing the group that you hunted with I am sure your guys had a blast also!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great hunt and really enjoyed reading your report. And that is one outstanding Buff!

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Russel- Congrats those are two fantastic trophies. Hats off to Martin - it is great to see an operator finally putting something back into their area -something we have not seen in the past!

Thanks Buzz! You and Mike Jines certainly did yourselves proud last week. Regarding "putting back" I am sure you and Myles will do the same with Dande and it will be a "must do" concession for dangerous and plains game shortly! I look forward to hunting the Dande with you again in the future.

quote:
Russell, you suck...I mean, way to go pal!

Hah! Bill you old rascal... how many damn elephant did you kill in Omay North? I was lucky to find an elephant bull left when you and your crew finished up!

Remember, four of the Ume 5 are left and still fording the river on a regular basis! I am sure May won't come soon enough for you... I know it wouldn't for me!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aziz
posted Hide Post
Congratulation, you got some outstanding trophies, I enjoyed your report and photographs very much.

Regards
Aziz

photo 5a71b091-8ccb-440e-8358-1ba8fe6939cb_zpsga1mmy00.jpg

Posts: 591 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Russell,

I good story well told. Congrats on a great hunt and a tremendous ele and buffalo. We will have to catch up over some Gatorade soon. Wink

You are absolutely correct about rethinking your clothing arrangements late season. I hunted in TAG shirts for several days until heat rash started to overtake me. Shifted to t-shirts and the thin cotton performed much better. Also dropped the gaitors. Light, cotton and single layers is key.

Mike

Posts: 21209 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CONGRATULATIONS!!! dancing

Definitely a hunt of a lifetime...a treasured experience not soon forgotten...and wonderful trophies too! Wink

WOW Eeker

Congrats to all... beer

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
As promised, pictures of Blanton's buffalo and tuskless cow. Shot with his Weatherby DGR in .458 Lott and Hornady factory ammo.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

- Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ovny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanamrm:
As promised, pictures of Blanton's buffalo and tuskless cow. Shot with his Weatherby DGR in .458 Lott and Hornady factory ammo.

I love seeing the 458 Lott works

Ovny

I am Spanish

My forum:www.armaslargasdecaza.com

Posts: 1131 | Location: Spain (Madrid) | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Fantastic hunt!

Revives my disappointment over my cancelled hunt in the Umay in Sept!

Congratulations on a great buff & ele.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
A blast from the past! I hadn't read this in a long time and this brought back great memories of a special safari!

Naki... hope you get to the Omay soon.

Merry Christmas everyone!

- Rudyard Kipling

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a fantastic day you'll never forget. Thanks for sharing your story and photos with us.

Posts: 3855 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I don't know how I missed this report earlier. Great bulls Russell!

I recognize Steve in the picture, nice to see his smiling face again.

"The terrain in the Omay has quite a bit of contour."

Can you say understatement? Big Grin

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent ele!

One of Us
Picture of Buffalo Tim
posted Hide Post
Excellent...

I'm returning in April for another hunt with Chap... looking for nyala... and waiting for F&W to reverse their 'Zim ele' decision.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Simply outstanding! Dianna was certainly smiling on you Sir!

That Ume camp is just fantastic and being on Kariba offers so many options!

Pieters runs a fine operation.

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
congratulations nice buff and elephant

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Russell
Well done my friend. You do realise that you make the rest of us very jealous. That was one hell of a hunt.
Don't forget your promise to come over this side of the pond and let us show you some great wing shooting.
Kind regards and all the best for Christmas.
P.S. What the hell does Jines know about dress sense ????

Posts: 559 | Location: UK | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by R.Jolly:
What the hell does Jines know about dress sense ????

Easy, nothing. That is why on my next hunt I am planning to hunt a'la Pondoro, in a loin cloth and a turban.

Mike

Posts: 21209 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Easy, nothing. That is why on my next hunt I am planning to hunt a'la Pondoro, in a loin cloth and a turban.

Eeker

Jines you do frighten me at times. Is this what happens when you retire too early and have too much time on your hands?

And Mr. Jolly, would love to pepper fowl with you one day soon...

- Rudyard Kipling

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Good things happen to good people.

Looks as if your cauldron of luck has spillethed over.

Well done you and Mr Pieters.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9868 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote