ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Munyamadzi Hunt a Smashing Success / PICTURES POSTED

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Munyamadzi Hunt a Smashing Success / PICTURES POSTED
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted
I have always wanted to see the Luangwa river and riverine hunting area. My wife and I came here to Munyamadzi 8 days ago to do just that on a ‘speciality’ hunt for Bushbuck only. Thor Kirchner was our host and PH. My hunt finished only a few minutes ago - and at this moment we are lying here relaxing in the tented camp of your dreams. Overlooking the Luangwa River. For the past 8 days Thor and I have tip-toed and stalked through this BRILLIANT riverine area. I will write much more later, but let me say my words cannot do this experience justice. It has been absolute heaven on earth, and Thor has been a magnificent PH to hunt with. I took two beautiful Chobe bushbuck during this time. A full report will follow later. But let me put this experience in a capsule for you.
While stalking for Bushbuck - in just the last 2 1/2 days, we also encountered MANY Elephant, Buffalo, Lion, 2 Leopards in the daylight! Hippo, Croc and Giraffe. ALL the GIANTS of the bush except Rhino. While stalking and taking two mature bushbuck. Turning down at least 40-50 shooters along the way.

Posts: 502 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thor is a great guy to hunt with who goes 'above and beyond' to make sure your experience is everything you hope it would be. Glad it was everything you hoped for and more. We look forward to seeing your report!

Cheers,

Sam

Posts: 60 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: 15 July 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
Sounds wonderful and can't wait for a more detailed report!

Posts: 1064 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
The New Mexico flash is alive and well.

Looking forward to your report.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1571 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Remember: A picture is worth a thousand words! Big Grin Can't wait for the pics! tu2

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on what sounds like a wonderful hunt. Looking forward to the full story and pictures.

Posts: 3851 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to those photo's! Bushbuck are one of my favorite game animals, both in the bush and on the table. Congrats!

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6804 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a special place.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Was part of a group hunt at Munyamadzi with Thor and Andrew a couple of years ago. Fantastic bushbuck and in serious numbers! Wonderful camp and great hunting!

Look forward to pictures!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2258 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Really looking forward to the report.
I absolutely love a super-focused hunt.

Posts: 398 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Munyamadzi has produced some monster bushbuck in the past years. I'm sure that has contributed to why you chose to go there for bushbuck. Looking forward to seeing the pictures!

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to the photos, Bushbuck are one of my favorites.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
I to love hunting Bushbuck & do ever year when I get days off or the end of the season, your hunt sounds fantastic !

Posts: 461 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds absolutely splendid.

An amazing Safari I am sure!

Posts: 133 | Location: B.C. Canada  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sarg:
I to love hunting Bushbuck & do ever year when I get days off or the end of the season, your hunt sounds fantastic ![/QUOTE

Hey Sarge, do you know a man named John Lacy. He is from NZ and Australia. He helped in EVERY WAY to make the hunt spectacular.

Posts: 502 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Well done Brennan!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36509 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Ok - posting a few movies and some pics for Brennan:

Brennan 1

Brennan 2

One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcolyer:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sarg:
I to love hunting Bushbuck & do ever year when I get days off or the end of the season, your hunt sounds fantastic ![/QUOTE

Hey Sarge, do you know a man named John Lacy. He is from NZ and Australia. He helped in EVERY WAY to make the hunt spectacular.

No sorry I don't know him personal, glade to hear he helped on the hunt how ever !

Great pictures & fantastic Bucks there, really nice looking horns on them, could you tell us the lengths ?

Posts: 461 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing the picture and videos.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1571 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Outstanding pics! tu2 tu2 tu2 I too, am a bushbuck fanatic! Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those are gorgeous bushbuck... like miniature sitatunga horns. I am envious!!

Posts: 434 | Location: CA.  | Registered: 26 October 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting!

Posts: 1789 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Brennan, Very nice bushbucks. I saw a lot of bushbucks when I hunted the north Luangwa. What a great place!

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote