Notify
Tools

Buff hunt without Mark Sullivan
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WR500:
I’m afraid that someone that can’t walk more than 200 mtrs is not a true hunter in my books.......especially hunting DG in Africa.

Having one team track and find the game , then drive into the position for the shot isn’t my definition of “proper”. hammering

I am afraid I do not agree with you.

I have seen invalids in wheelchairs go hunt buffalo, and they did well too,

Having the courage to travel all the way to Africa to fulfill a dream is nothing to laugh at.

The ones I really have no time for are the stupid "trophy hunters".

Whose sole purpose in life is to get into some stupid record book.

A man who is not in the best of health, and wishes to go hunting, suffering all the things we get on a safari, has all my support.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66769 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Max has had multiple heart operations and cannot walk far and is slow but what makes up for his condition is enthusiasm and a passion for hunting.

WR500:

Maybe you missed this and it is quite different from being physically handicapped through obesity as would be applicable to some.

Prior to his unfortunate ailment, Max would likely have been on par with any other hunter and I tip my hat to Max for his perseverance.

Posts: 1869 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m afraid that someone that can’t walk more than 200 mtrs is not a true hunter in my books.......especially hunting DG in Africa.

Having one team track and find the game , then drive into the position for the shot isn’t my definition of “proper”. hammering

Max is quite a famous fellow in Australia and was in his youth the original Crocodile Dundee.

We would do multiple walks but 200m over rough ground was all his heart could manage. It was gruelling for him and he was not one to shoot from the car.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9846 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:

Max is quite a famous fellow in Australia and was in his youth the original Crocodile Dundee.

We would do multiple walks but 200m over rough ground was all his heart could manage. It was gruelling for him and he was not one to shoot from the car.

Good for him.

I was hunting in Matetsi once, and there was a gentleman from the US with his wife there too.

He had health problems, and could not walk more than a few yards to the swimming pool at the camp without having to rest.

He passed away during the hunt.

Posts: 66769 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:

Good for him.

I was hunting in Matetsi once, and there was a gentleman from the US with his wife there too.

He had health problems, and could not walk more than a few yards to the swimming pool at the camp without having to rest.

He passed away during the hunt.

That is where he wanted to be.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9846 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Exactly.

A proper hunter.

Not some silly wannabe pretending to be one by getting his name in a silly record book where like minded idiots never stop saying MINE IS BIGGER THAN YOURS!

The SCI INNER CIRCLE CLUELESS "HUNTERS" clap

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Exactly.

A proper hunter.

Not some silly wannabe pretending to be one by getting his name in a silly record book where like minded idiots never stop saying MINE IS BIGGER THAN YOURS!

The comments on this thread crack me up.

This guy passes a shot at an exception bull after his PH tells him it's a shooter because he needs to confirm the number of inches from tip to tip.

Yet he is being heralded as a "True Hunter not concerned with trophy size". Absolutely hilarious.

rotflmo

That said, kudos to him for staying in the hunting game even with some physical disabilities. And congrats to him for taking a very nice bull.

But yeah, some of the other accolades seem out of place IMHO.

YMMV

coffee

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
Exactly.

A proper hunter.

This guy passes a shot at an exception bull after his PH tells him it's a shooter because he needs to confirm the number of inches from tip to tip.

Yet he is being heralded as a "True Hunter not concerned with trophy size". Absolutely hilarious.

rotflmo

That said, kudos to him for staying in the hunting game even with some physical disabilities. And congrats to him for taking a very nice bull.

YMMV

coffee

I bet he is not a member of the SCI INNER CIRCLE though!

You know, the ones who break every law, to get one bigger than the next stupid member of THE SCI INNER CIRCLES! clap

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
Exactly.

A proper hunter.

rotflmo

YMMV

coffee

I bet he is not a member of the SCI INNER CIRCLE though!

You know, the ones who break every law, to get one bigger than the next stupid member of THE SCI INNER CIRCLES! clap

So the defining issue is whether or not he is an SCI member?

Not that he's motivated by the same "got to ensure I get the biggest one there is" thought process the SCI Inner Circle members covet?

Whistling

Interesting thing is that in the process, he looses out on the biggest one likely to be found on the safari. But the comments here completely give him a pass on that!

Whistling

That's why I said this thread cracks me up.

rotflmo

Administrator
posted Hide Post
SCI has turned hunting into a stupid competition!

That in turn created a very big, illegal, unethical, group of so called “professional” hunters.

They catered for these sick members of SCI so they can claim to have one bigger than the next stupid idiot.

We have been waiting, and waiting, and waiting, for SCI to wake up.

Each time a new management is in charge, we used to hear things are going to get better.

So far we have seen ONE BIG FAT ZERO!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, if it wasn’t SCI, they would still do that using RW.

It’s a personal mindset, not an organizational one.

I will give SCI some credit for letting me know of some species that can be hunted that I would otherwise never heard of.

It also is motivating to see animals in SCI/RW that were hunted and no longer are.

The one thing that I think SCI’s book is particularly helpful on is seeing relative number and size of game shot based on where it is taken.

Again, I have no issue with your characterization of some of the individuals involved, but no organization is going to be able to stop folks from misusing things for their own desires.

Posts: 10479 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Again, I have no issue with your characterization of some of the individuals involved, but no organization is going to be able to stop folks from misusing things for their own desires.

True.

But the fact is SCI has actively encouraged, or at least turned a blind eye, to all the illegal activities being conducted so some low life can enter a record book.

It did not take me long to find out what is going on in South Africa to supply the demands of these purely sick individuals.