ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Dande Anti Poaching Unit report & 10 year summary

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dande Anti Poaching Unit report & 10 year summary
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Dear friends of conservation, for many of you that have followed and sponsored DAPU please see last years financials / conclusions. It also includes a 10 year summary of its successes as well as its challenges. Thank you

Please click to view the PDF here

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Well done Buzz

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9867 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
Superb

Posts: 3452 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent! Thank you.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Went through the entire report. Simply outstanding work for not only the wildlife, but for the people living there! tu2

One of Us
Picture of Ropati
posted Hide Post
Buzz,
The report was very informative and your success is commendable to all involved. I fully agree with all that DAPU is doing and agree that it is critical for conservation and biodiversity. But, I have a question and hope that you can help me understand a bit better:

In situations like you experienced in 2019, with the drought and crop failure, what can local communities do to stay fed? What motivates them to NOT poach when in some instances they may just be trying to feed their families. I appreciate your input.

Posts: 168 | Location: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: 07 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
HI Ropati

Thanks for the message - This is the real African dilemma! Starvation combined with poor governance does lead to people been forced to poach and we have seen that with our snare count as well as number of poachers arrested.

However what do you do as if you turn a blind eye we would loose all the gains we have made in the last 10 years.

Ironically as much as African government like to have a go at USA , USA aid plays a major role in handing out foot supplies to the villagers.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quick question, are all donors listed? I would have thought that such a noble effort would be better supported by donors based on the conservation minded folks that undoubtedly pass through your camps. Nonetheless, I’m very impressed that you are putting your money where your mouth is and self funding. BTW, I haven’t forgotten that I owe you an email.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Zebrazapper

Thanks- yes ALL donors are listed and as you will see we have a 1% levy on every hunt which also helps us a lot!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent report. Congratulation on your success, a model conservation effort.

Tim

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Sent you a PM Buzz.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buzz thanks for the great write up of our foundation. You and Myles are the best of the best and I am proud to work with you guys!!
Hopefully we will do more great things this year..
Dave Katzenstein AKA Dangerous Dave

If your parents didn't have any children chances are you won't either.

Posts: 468 | Location: Davie Florida | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This report and others should be posted in the main stream media. It would show the public the good being done supported by hunting dollars.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote