Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy birthday to my memories
 Login/Join

posted
One year ago I was having a lot of fun at Omay. I was happy there. I know that some of you have been happy there too. Images for memory.

A thousand of thanks to Pierre, Furunga, Orbet, David, and of course to Mike and the rest of the staff at Ume and Chifudze.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Africa at its finest. Memorable photographs indeed.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9867 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great photos - thanks for sharing.

One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Good photos of Good memories

Thanks for sharing

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
I stayed in the chalet that is open to the water,what a fab time it was!!!

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I stayed in the chalet that is open to the water,what a fab time it was!!!

Bal, the operators wanted something between the crocs and hippos at night,and the guests that paid full fare :-)

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Ume River Camp in the Northern Omay... I've been blessed to spend some quality time there. Thanks for sharing your memories and photos.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
Great photos, thanks for sharing. That open chalet has to be the most scenic room that I have stayed in.

Ahmed Sultan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Really nice photos. Yes - helps to fuel the memories.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
It's funny that we all take the same picture looking out of the "honeymoon suite" at the lake.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice pictures
You experience was much better than mine

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was there at Ume just about a year ago as well. I wish that I had gotten that suite! Beautiful picture that makes me miss Africa terribly. God willing I will be back in 2016.

Posts: 481 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: 20 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I need to take more pictures... Seems I'm just so busy hunting, looking around and enjoying the moment. the camera just doesn't come out..

MopaneMike

Posts: 1110 | Location: Southern California USA | Registered: 21 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Photos are certainly memory joggers. Worth their weight in brass, copper and lead!

I am fortunate that my wife takes most of our pictures for me so I can concentrate on and enjoy the hunt itself.

Andrew (Fairgame) has been our main photographer on our last two safaris in Zambia at Royal Kafue. He has also been kind enough to post our hunt reports and photos, as we are low tech. His lens is as good as his pens.

Posts: 2587 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting. The photos brought back some fond memories. I have slept in that same chalet many a night.

The Omay and Lake Kariba are very special places.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
A thousand of thanks to Pierre, Furunga, Orbet and David

Those guys are a lot of fun and hard working!

Yes a great team and the view from that Chalet at Ume Is incredible, one I'll never forget.

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote