ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Lion and Plains Game Hunt with Jamy Traut
Page 1 2 

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lion and Plains Game Hunt with Jamy Traut
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a superb experience and a good outcome.

Would very much like to see the charge video if possible. For those of us not due back in Africa for a while it sounds like it would be a treat.

Posts: 680 | Location: London | Registered: 03 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on an excellent adventure and thanks for sharing this excellent report with us.

Ahmed Sultan

One of Us
Picture of Vanderhoef
posted Hide Post
WOW!!

Let's see....A gorgeous lion, a fantastic selection of plains game, beautiful country AND you got to enjoy it with your children....doesn't get any better than that!

Congratulations!!

Regards,
Scott

"....but to protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not of soundness of heart."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 466 | Location: Just west of Cleo, TX | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely and awesome report. I finally got the chance to read the whole report. Great hunt Ross!!!

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doug,
If the weather had cooperated a little better and we had connected on the Mountain Lion with you all in January that would have made 2012 the Year of the Cat...
However, the lynx and the pics of the female cougar were a hoot!

Posts: 10079 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Very nice safari

with a great report and pictures

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1558 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very cool, well done! Wonderful kalahari lion.

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2063 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Fantastic report. What an outstanding family safari. Your writing about the lion hunt is very vivid.

Posts: 3828 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great hunt and wonderful report...I enjoyed reading this very much. I missed it first time around and only found it now after it was referenced in the Jamy Traut question thread. I'm very glad I found it.

Adding your bird list to the report is a nice touch, much appreciated by fellow birders (and perhaps scoffed at by most others, but, what the hell...). Big Grin

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome report. I felt like I was there!
Congratulations on a fantatic hunt .....but especially that great lion.

Posts: 744 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 31 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
I just re-read this report as I am considering going with Jaco. Thanks for the input and insight in your report.

Justin

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Jaco a few years ago. I much prefer it to South Africa.
I understand Mare is running it now.
Lots of wide open spaces.

Posts: 121 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This has to be one of the best reports that I have read. Then there are the great pics. Add in some very nice trophies. Very well done. Thanks for sharing. Bruce

Posts: 371 | Location: Gillette, Wy USA | Registered: 11 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of IH
posted Hide Post
Dogcat,
Very nice report! I really enjoyed the details and nice pics as well.
Many congratulation of your great hunt.
IH

Posts: 192 | Location: Pakistan | Registered: 14 October 2012Reply With Quote