ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Giant Forest Hog and Forest Sitatunga with Bow!

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Giant Forest Hog and Forest Sitatunga with Bow!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The operator I work with in Cameroon just sent me pictures of his client with a fantastic Giant Forest Hog and a Forest Sitatunga taken with bow and arrow. An amazing accomplishment and a great hunter.

Out of interest I looked up the SCI record book and out of 136 entries in total there are only 2 other entries for GFH with a bow!

Recovery videos of it:

https://youtu.be/RylvtsYaPWs

https://youtu.be/_ivRkbhnMFQ

https://youtu.be/cd4E9A_fSOk

I dare say that we have had an amazing season in Cameroon.

Contact us for more information on our hunts in Cameroon, in the Forest and also in the Savannah. We still have some spots open for 2022.

Arjun Reddy
Hunters Networks LLC
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
Tel: +1 845 259 3628

Posts: 2532 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thank you very much Arjun,

a shame the pictures do not show how difficult those hunts are let alone shooting with a bow ...

Posts: 1721 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have spent a good amount of time in the Forest and these are 2 unbelievable trophies with a bow!!!

Posts: 1845 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
Wow, nice trophies & just so much more with the Bow, congrats to the Hunter & PH unless you Bow hunt you might not equate how much more hunting is involved by ALL parties in this !

I know I have extra thoughts when a hunter arrives with his Bow !

Be great to know more details, what gear he was using & I presume from blinds ?

Posts: 459 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Forest sitatunga and GFH are hard won, rare trophies with a rifle...with a bow it is mind boggling!

Congrats to all involved!!!

"The true test of a man's character is what he does when no one is watching". - John Wooden

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Simply outstanding! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Incredible! Kudos to the hunter. Arjun are you able to share more details on this hunt like the strategy and the equipment used (broadheads,etc)?

JCHB

Posts: 411 | Location: KZN province South Africa | Registered: 24 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RickyClark
posted Hide Post
outstanding as usual Arjun, congrats to all involved

lets make a plan

Posts: 98 | Location: England | Registered: 29 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Enhorabuena doctor.
Again proud of this Spanish hunter that is not hiding from being a hunter.
We hunters are suffering a continuos attack world wide and our passion is in serious danger.
In Spain hunters are becoming the real endangered specy
This nonsense will lead to the end of wilderness if we let them silence our voices.
Congrats doctor and keep on.

Best regards

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
How many kilo's do one of those pigs go? Out of interest.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7964 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bakes, according to Wikipedia they weigh up to 275kg but I took one in Ethiopia that wasn't weighed but had a body considerable bigger than some heifers I just weighed at 310kg. A dozen blokes struggled to get it into the truck. The head is quite small compared with the body. Some feral pigs grow bigger and domestic boars often do. In Ethiopia the locals wont touch the meat. Rare thing to see meat go to waste in Africa!

Posts: 285 | Location: New Zealand  | Registered: 24 March 2018Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Thats a big pig. Love the look of the ugly buggers. Wink

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7964 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would love to see some pics of it. I think Ethiopia has the biggest GFH

quote:
Originally posted by the Pom:
Bakes, according to Wikipedia they weigh up to 275kg but I took one in Ethiopia that wasn't weighed but had a body considerable bigger than some heifers I just weighed at 310kg. A dozen blokes struggled to get it into the truck. The head is quite small compared with the body. Some feral pigs grow bigger and domestic boars often do. In Ethiopia the locals wont touch the meat. Rare thing to see meat go to waste in Africa!

Posts: 2532 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thierry Labat
posted Hide Post
Fantastic! Congratulations!

Posts: 644 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 10 August 2012Reply With Quote