ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Lord Derby's Eland in CAR Report for my 5000th post - Part 1
Page 1 2 

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lord Derby's Eland in CAR Report for my 5000th post - Part 1
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
TWO giant forest hog... a dream for me Smiler
I would love see some more photo of these,also of the skulls maybe
Lorenzo

D.V.M.

Posts: 179 | Location: Italy | Registered: 02 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations,dogcat.That is quite an experience.I am sure that eland is a great trophy.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lorefuma:
TWO giant forest hog... a dream for me Smiler
I would love see some more photo of these,also of the skulls maybe
Lorenzo

I will post pics of the GFH's but I have not seen the skulls yet.

Posts: 10079 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Another great adventure, Ross, and a wonderfully informative and entertaining hunt report!

Congratulations, and many thanks for sharing it with us.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13306 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,
Where are you headed next?

Posts: 10079 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Great report, would love to hunt in the Swedes area it's looks great!

Posts: 2634 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing with us. Wonderful report! Smiler

Can one expect to get an opportunity on GFH in this area or is it more of a chance encounter?

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anders,
In my situation and the area I hunted, I saw more GFH's than anything else. I was told we were very fortunate to see so many.

I would contact Erik Mararv and see what you could work out. He gives a "garaunteed shot" opportunity for your primary species.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ross;

Another fantastic safari. Loved your trophies and report. I wished I were a 20 years younger (or maybe 30) and I'd put it on my list, but I'll have to be content to read your reports.

From a woman's perspective, would your wife go back? I know she goes along on all your hunts and is pretty tough...

Thanks for the report, best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
D.,
She definitely would not go back. The bugs and heat were a bit much this time of year. If you were to go in Jan or Feb, it may be better.

Her next trip will be to Zambezi Hunter's Sango camp or Bubye or something posh in Namibia or RSA. We went to Cameroon and CAR in back to back years and that was tough.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love them Pigs! Congrats. I've tried but, to no avail.

Posts: 29 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 21 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OUTSTANDING hunt and report! Thank you so much for sharing this great story.

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding hunt and report. Thanks

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
Mike,
Where are you headed next?

Ross, sent you a PM.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13306 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As usual a great report Ross, Great trophies and well deserved trophies also.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thnks, these critters are impressive!

D.V.M.

Posts: 179 | Location: Italy | Registered: 02 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sjb
posted Hide Post
Congrats on such a fantastic hunt, like all the above LOVE the report and quality pics.

Posts: 218 | Location: NSW , Australia | Registered: 11 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Vanderhoef
posted Hide Post
Congratulations......to say the least!!

Great report. Thanks for it!!

Regards,
Scott

"....but to protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not of soundness of heart."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 466 | Location: Just west of Cleo, TX | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GREAT! Wonderful trophies!

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2063 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gbax
posted Hide Post

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Ross, you are THE MAN! Great hunt, animals and report....WOW! Ditto for your son, great shooting!

Yellow-Backed Duiker….oh man…will he be a full mount? Your trophy room is going to be out of this world with what you have collected over the past two years. Have you received your bongo’s yet, and how will you be mounting them?

I truly admire you and your family’s adventurous spirit. You are an inspiration!

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill,
I am working through the ideas on mounts. I just got the Bongo's to my taxidermist. I am homeless right now, living in Cairo and my son is just getting out of college so we are sorting out what to do. One of the bongo's and the yellow backed duiker will likely be full mounts, but am trying to see if there is a good way to mount them together.

I will do something special with them for sure. The

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dogcat,

When I saw the picture with your wife in it I thought 'wow, she must be tough!'
CAR is no place for ladies. LOL

Having been there twice your pics and descriptions were dead on. If you should ever talk with Erik again ask him about our slide down the hill while in a tent in the middle of the night during one of their monsoons. That was a night I'll never forget. Walking thru the forest dragging a wet tent with no light...

The other thing you noted that hit me was you listed the roan there as one of the harder animals to take. You couldn't be more right on. I really wanted one but never could get close enough. Erik's dad took a monster of one several years back. He may have had it in his photo book by the dinner table.

Love the pics of the Lord Derby Elands. Beauties! But you better have a large open spot to put it. Trust me.

Congrats again on your hunt and luckily you were able to escape the Bangui airport officials to get back home.

Posts: 1484 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2010Reply With Quote