ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Zim, Nyakasanga with Charlton McCallum
Page 1 2 

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zim, Nyakasanga with Charlton McCallum
 Login/Join

posted
Guys this is just a brief update, full report will be posted later.
My son and myself just returned last night after hunting for 20 days with Buzz Charlton and Alan Shearing. Steve Turner made our travel arrangements and we flew via Emirates from Houston. We had absolutely no Covid related issues either while traveling or during our stay in Zim. We did of course do a PCR test before leaving and also the day we flew back from Zim. The test in Zim was very professional with a 1 hour turnaround and the test result paperwork included our names, adress, passport #, flight info and came in a fitted plastic bag. Masks are required in public in Zim and in airports and on Emirates. Entry, exit and stay in Zim were extremely easy. No hassles whatsoever. CMS has very capable man named Justice that meets you and the gate when you arrive and also again at the airport for departure and walks you through the process. It could not have been any easier.
Both Buzz and Alan are of course exceptional PH’s and a delight to be in a camp with.
The hunting at Nyakasanga is simply excellent.
Between us we took Lion, Leopard, 2 Tuskless, 3 excellent Buffalo, a Hippo, 2 Eland, a Warthog, Grysbok along with a number of Impala and Zebra for bait. The Eland were taken by tracking and the Buffalo were Dugga Boys that were also tracked. The Lion and Leopard were taken in daylight and we had a number of both on bait. Buzz’s Team of Criton, Nyathi and Eddie are exceptional. There tracking skills are amazing. My son hunted with Alan and he also has a great team.
Between us while hunting we also saw Lion, Leopard, Wild dogs, Pangolin and Cheetah. Game is plentiful in Nyakasanga with some large herds of Buffalo numbering into the hundreds.
The camp is tented, right on the Zambezi in a beautiful setting. Food, service and accommodations were all excellent. Elephant were common visitors to the camp at night and were often seen there during daylight as well.
It will be a while before I will have time to add pictures, etc. as I need to get caught up. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to send me a PM and I will be happy to reply.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't wait for the full report and pics. Sounds like you had a great hunt, lion and leopard in daylight, what a trill that would be.

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Wow - thats a teaser for a full report with pictures if I ever read one! Congratulations to you and your son and Buzz and Alan and teams! Sounds like a magnificent hunt in a great area with a great team!

Look forward to the full report with pictures!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2249 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great hunt for you and your son.

Looking forward to your report with pictures when you have time to post them.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1558 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CMS always does it right. I am looking forward to your full report.

Posts: 1782 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VPEXP:
Guys this is just a brief update, full report will be posted later.
My son and myself just returned last night after hunting for 20 days with Buzz Charlton and Alan Shearing. Steve Turner made our travel arrangements and we flew via Emirates from Houston. We had absolutely no Covid related issues either while traveling or during our stay in Zim. We did of course do a PCR test before leaving and also the day we flew back from Zim. The test in Zim was very professional with a 1 hour turnaround and the test result paperwork included our names, adress, passport #, flight info and came in a fitted plastic bag. Masks are required in public in Zim and in airports and on Emirates. Entry, exit and stay in Zim were extremely easy. No hassles whatsoever. CMS has very capable man named Justice that meets you and the gate when you arrive and also again at the airport for departure and walks you through the process. It could not have been any easier.
Both Buzz and Alan are of course exceptional PH’s and a delight to be in a camp with.
The hunting at Nyakasanga is simply excellent.
Between us we took Lion, Leopard, 2 Tuskless, 3 excellent Buffalo, a Hippo, 2 Eland, a Warthog, Grysbok along with a number of Impala and Zebra for bait. The Eland were taken by tracking and the Buffalo were Dugga Boys that were also tracked. The Lion and Leopard were taken in daylight and we had a number of both on bait. Buzz’s Team of Criton, Nyathi and Eddie are exceptional. There tracking skills are amazing. My son hunted with Alan and he also has a great team.
Between us while hunting we also saw Lion, Leopard, Wild dogs, Pangolin and Cheetah. Game is plentiful in Nyakasanga with some large herds of Buffalo numbering into the hundreds.
The camp is tented, right on the Zambezi in a beautiful setting. Food, service and accommodations were all excellent. Elephant were common visitors to the camp at night and were often seen there during daylight as well.
It will be a while before I will have time to add pictures, etc. as I need to get caught up. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to send me a PM and I will be happy to reply.

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sir,
Congrats to yourself and son on a fabulous hunt. I'm very envious of your Eland particularly. I've talked to CMS about doing that hunt, one day, possibly in Nyakasanga. I've hunted with CMS twice, both times with Alan and agree with others here that they are a cut above in how they operate. Good to see Alan's guys Maplan and Martin looking well. I hope Bernardo is also.
I'm intrigued by your "new member" description as if not mistaken I recognise your son from report(s) you posted some years ago.
But, congrats again. Your lovely pics make me quite nostalgic for my next Zim hunt.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 1988 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 30.06king:
Sir,
Congrats to yourself and son on a fabulous hunt. I'm very envious of your Eland particularly. I've talked to CMS about doing that hunt, one day, possibly in Nyakasanga. I've hunted with CMS twice, both times with Alan and agree with others here that they are a cut above in how they operate. Good to see Alan's guys Maplan and Martin looking well. I hope Bernardo is also.
I'm intrigued by your "new member" description as if not mistaken I recognise your son from report(s) you posted some years ago.
But, congrats again. Your lovely pics make me quite nostalgic for my next Zim hunt.

Thanks so much. I have been a member for a long time but have not posted as much as I should have. Bernie has moved on, the last time we hunted with Alan, Bernie fell out of a tree when baiting for a Leopard. He stuck the landing perfectly and acted like he intended to jump out of the tree but the look of shock on his face when he fell gave him away!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bernie has moved on, the last time we hunted with Alan, Bernie fell out of a tree when baiting for a Leopard. He stuck the landing perfectly and acted like he intended to jump out of the tree but the look of shock on his face when he fell gave him away!

Ha Ha ! Yes, I remember this story from when Alan told me. We were baiting for Hyena at the time and Bernie was still the tree climber for bait hanging. I hope he's doing OK now that he has moved on. He's a lovely guy with a big smile and I always enjoyed having him around

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 1988 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Awesome hunt and pictures. CMS is a top shelf operator and it looks like they offer outstanding quality animals in their concession.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1381 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Very nice! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those look like some exceptional animals. Congrats! Looking forward to the full report.
Bruce

Posts: 371 | Location: Gillette, Wy USA | Registered: 11 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
Awesome........

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
All those animals are top quality. Well done. I spent many years in the valley across the river and it is a wonderful place.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9844 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wonderful animals. Thank you for sharing this with us.
That eland is really a special trophy!

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2064 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Awesome hunt. I've hunted with CMS numerous times but not in that concession yet. It's on the menu for next time. They are the absolute best in the business.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just wonderful tu2

Longing back to the bush.. and these kind of reports does not cure the sickness...

Congrats to both of you, Alan, The Cigarman and the teams

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Proper hunt ! Congrats, Stunning trophies and once again top notch from the short PH and the taller, more handsome one wave

Posts: 188 | Location: Near the arctic circle, Norway | Registered: 14 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Well done! Smiler clap

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36410 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Outstanding tu2

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Well done. You should be particularly proud of the two eland. An eland hunt in the Zambezi Valley is no cup of tea. They never stop moving, are incredibly switched on and are more challenging to hunt than buffalo in my opinion. Add to that fact the two you shot are great bulls.

tu2

Mike

Posts: 21076 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent job!

You did very well!

Congratulations to both of you.

Posts: 10473 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Well done. You should be particularly proud of the two eland. An eland hunt in the Zambezi Valley is no cup of tea. They never stop moving, are incredibly switched on and are more challenging to hunt than buffalo in my opinion. Add to that fact the two you shot are great bulls.

tu2

Thanks Mike. The trackers as you know are simply outstanding and that said it took several attempts to finally close the deal on those Eland. Buzz, Alan and their guys are very persistent and that is definitely what it takes.