THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM 50 CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  50 Caliber BMG Forum    Use extreme caution with CCI-35 primers

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Use extreme caution with CCI-35 primers
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted
I posted this before on the big bore forum. At the last Reno 1000yrd FCSA match. We had four incidents of CCI-35 primers failing catastrophically, plasma torching the bolts and blowing out the extractor on two Mcmillan actions. The primers failed at the cup edges, not at the firing pin hole!!!. 500 primers were in
a box with the lot number J22E ( nearly impossible to read). Upon very close inspection approx 6% of the remaining primers showed evidence of cracks running down the entire side of the cup. This is EXTREMELY Dangerous. A article will be written for VHP soon detailing this situation. CCI has been unavailable for comment. I strongly suggest you inspect each and every CCI-35 primer before deceiding to use it.-Rob

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012
Nothing Up my sleeves but never without a plan and never ever without a surprise!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Las Vegas,NV | Registered: 10 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the warning, I got a similar problem with CCI LR BR two years ago, fortunately in 7/08 Remington but still remember the hot gases near my eye, fortunately protected..

Happened twice on 1000 rounds of the same lot of primers when I was using the last 100 rounds.

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote