Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

K&P Muzzle Brakes
 Login/Join

posted
Does anybody have any contact information for K&P muzzle brakes? Who else makes a decent clamshell style of brake?

Posts: 13 | Location: Ridgefield, WA | Registered: 28 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of goneballistic
posted Hide Post
K&P Gun Co.
Ken & Peggy Johnson
605-341-7780
22321 Dyess Ave.
Rapid City, SD 57701

Another vendor for clamshell type brakes is;
GEORGE PETRUSICH,
928-282-9303
20 Pine Dr., Sedona, AZ, 86336
E-mail: geoaz@maildivision.com

George manufactures several accessories and reloading tools for the .50 BMG, including;

" Manufacturer of several stainless steel .50 caliber reloading tools, Primer Punch (for mil-staked primers), Brass Necker (for fixing bent necks), Inside neck trim set, Case/Shell Gauges for 50 BMG, 50 DTC, or 50 BAT , Hornady-style lock rings, Palm wrench for the Hornady-style lock rings, 50 cal MTM ammo boxes with special tray, and Lead Hammer."

I believe an associate of George makes the clamshell brakes and George sells them, but if I remember right George designed the brake.
Anyway, he has a very good reputation for high quality, top notch all the way.

"The irony is, if you're willing to kill a perpetrator, you probably won't have to."

Massad Ayoob

Posts: 111 | Location: West Central Florida | Registered: 15 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I have made few brakes for the 50 based on a upscaled Vias design. They worked very well and don't look huge on the end of the barrel. I made them from 416 Stainless Steel but could also make them from alloyed steel if need be.

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Looks good Tucker. Nice clean machining. Wink

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8342 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote