Find
Notify
Tools

Bushy 50--- 22" or 30" barrel
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted
Ok guys -- I'm close to ordering one of the Bushy BA-50s-------the question is 22" or 30" barrel??------please advise ---------I am the novice on this big boomer sooooooooo?
G

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 926 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Well 22" is gonna be a heck of a lot of muzzle blast, even 30" will be...I would certainly go 30" if that was the longest choice.

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted Hide Post
The more I read -- you guys are spot on -- go with the 30" barrel -- seems the 22" carbine has terrific blast effect ---
G

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 926 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a short barreled ferret and I have a 29" Serbu. go with the longer barrel.

Posts: 1144 | Location: utah | Registered: 07 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Go with the longer barrel. the .50 BMG is a long range weapon, and a 30" barrel will give you more velocity. This is my bushmaster BA-50 with a 30" barrel. It's very accurate, and easy to control. I just didn't see any advantage to the shorter barrel. The longer tube gives the big .50 cartridge longer legs. Bill T.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have shot short and long barreled 50 BMG rifles.

IMHO I highly recommend you get the 30" barrel.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote