Find
Notify
Tools

RCBS or LEE 50 press?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of cold
posted
Is there any real advantage over one or the other? Im sure they both accomplish the same reloading goal but is there a specific reason I should get say the RCBS over the Lee or visa versa?

Any input is welcome guys, thank you.

PS, what should I be paying for once fired 50 BMG brass or new BMG brass? ON average?

Posts: 221 | Location: SEC | Registered: 15 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the rcbs is made much better, but it will all depend on your budget and how much you reload. 50 components have gone sky high along with surplus ammo prices. at the knob creek gunshow this spring the only brass there was $.80 each, and surplus bullets were ranging from $30/50 to $75/50. WC832 powder was $32/8#'s. we bought 5 cases of TC54 ammo at 2.00/rd but most of it was running 2.50 and up to $4

Posts: 13439 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lee is cheaper but you will be fixing it all the time. RCBS is by far worth the extra $$$$. You will be very happy with how long the RCBS will last. Simple and strong.

Posts: 929 | Location: southern illinois | Registered: 29 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If it's green it's mean.
If it's red it's dead
Just my two cents

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been using the Lee set and it works very well.....reason for use being the cost.
In Canada the Lee outfit costs about 1/3 or less of the RCBS set.
Before owning a 50 I had loaded since 1963 with RCBS presses and equipment and really like their stuff, but with the importation bans imposed by the US its become really difficult to get any tools or components related to the 50 BMG.

Posts: 98 | Location: Fraser Valley B.C. | Registered: 07 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought the Lee because of the amount of .50BMG I shoot and the value. The fit and finish is as good as the RCBS, but I haven't pressed enough rounds through it to judge longevity.

Don Stewart
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 238 | Location: Memphis on the mighty Mississippi | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote