Tools

Primer questions
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted
I just received a shipment of CCI #35s.
They are lot B09L
There is a serious lack of H50BMG powder and primers as well as IMI brass. I think the anti-gunners plan is backfiring, (so to speak)

The question is, What are the handling procedures for reloading these primers? I've reloaded a bit, .44Mag, .308, .223 but I've always used a hand priming tool and never touched a primer. Any help is appreciated, I've got the LEE .50 BMG kit, with the shell holder on top and primers load from the ram.

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of goneballistic
posted Hide Post
I use a Ram priming unit for most everthing I load single stage, including .50 BMG. For the 50, I use the M2 Precision Primer Seater. The RCBS Ram Priming Unit for standard calibers is much more economical.
My point is, I've handled thousands of primers, including .50 BMG. But, I only use non-contaminating wax based lubes like Hornady One Shot, Lee sizing Wax and Imperial sizing wax. Also, my hands are always dry, never sweaty.

"The irony is, if you're willing to kill a perpetrator, you probably won't have to."

Massad Ayoob

Posts: 111 | Location: West Central Florida | Registered: 15 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
quote:
My point is, I've handled thousands of primers, including .50 BMG. But, I only use non-contaminating wax based lubes like Hornady One Shot, Lee sizing Wax and Imperial sizing wax. Also, my hands are always dry, never sweaty.

That's what I was looking for... the handling instructions. I didn't know if kid gloves were called for or not.
Thanks

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
All cautions that apply to standard primers but more so in that they are capable of so much more damage if an accident occurs.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote