THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM 50 CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  50 Caliber BMG Forum    50 ca 1000yd richochet hits shooter

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

50 ca 1000yd richochet hits shooter
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I don't know if you guys have saw this but if it is authentic then this is one lucky dude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM9R0YIwmVk

NRA Life Member, ILL Rifle Assoc Life Member, Navy

Posts: 2296 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1000 yards???? Really? Really?

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
<Andrew cempa>
posted
Very fortunate yes indeed, but not a 100 yd shot.

Simply put, shot to strike is under .25 seconds (TOF to 1000 yds with an ave 50 BMG rnd would be on order of 1.5 seconds),then the return trip of a mostly spent pprojectile fragment (if it would travel 1000 yds) would be on order of 3 seconds maybe more, so at best it would take around 4.5 sec for the entire trip and back. In the video, the whole incident takes barely .5 seconds.... 100, maybe 200 yds in my guesstimation.

Still, fortunate near miss!

<Andrew cempa>
posted
Correction not a "1000yds shot"

one of us
posted Hide Post
I ran it on a stop watch several times and it came out to just under 1.5 seconds, so at 2750FPS on shot out to 3000 feet would make it impossible but the dstance still is great since you can't see the target

NRA Life Member, ILL Rifle Assoc Life Member, Navy

Posts: 2296 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just proves that you can't fool all the people all the time.

Posts: 1096 | Location: UNITED STATES of AMERTCA | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by raamw:
since you can't see the target

Look at the video again. The target is quite visible. The dark square upper right. You can see the bullet hit the target and the beginning of the ricochet. Target is likely 100 yds. .

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
Ooohhhh Willie!

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Why would you shoot a 50 so close...?!

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
Lack of adequate range space...
That's my excuse

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote