THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM 50 CALIBER FORUM


Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
50 cal blows up in his face
 Login/Join
 
one of us
posted
Explosion is at 4:28. I'm not an expert in metallurgy or engineering but in my mind that gun is the tool by which all Darwin award winners are chosen. On top of the gun being janky as hell, he used an old round that he has no clue about. He is obviously lucky to be alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...t=WL&index=52&t=629s
 
Posts: 261 | Registered: 31 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Very Lucky


As usual just my $.02
Paul K
 
Posts: 12810 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AXEL19:
Explosion is at 4:28. I'm not an expert in metallurgy or engineering but in my mind that gun is the tool by which all Darwin award winners are chosen. On top of the gun being janky as hell, he used an old round that he has no clue about. He is obviously lucky to be alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...t=WL&index=52&t=629s


X2, a high pressure version of a pipe shotgun.

Grizz


When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell
 
Posts: 819 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MeMe
posted Hide Post
I was under the impression that you were not supposed to use sabot rounds with a comp.
 
Posts: 257 | Location: California | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MeMe:
I was under the impression that you were not supposed to use sabot rounds with a comp.


He's a youtuber so he knows everything. Except everything that almost killed him and he's already selling merchandise and saying how much he loves doing what he's doing. I saw where another predominant youtuber almost killed himself shooting a 50 at steel plates at 4 feet. These guys are downright dangerous and people are eating it up.
 
Posts: 261 | Registered: 31 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Someone in the comments pointed out that when he closes the action at 3:18, something metallic can be seen bouncing off of the front of the table. Any guesses???
 
Posts: 261 | Registered: 31 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I saw it. Looks like the takedown pin. Missing in the table photo of parts 3:26.
appears to double as hinge pin. Pin departed the gun when he closed it possibly from not pushing it in when he assembled the gun? Barrel not locked in, tipped up and blew the pipe cap off when fired. Just a guess. Also agree sabots are a no-no with compensators.



https://www.google.com/url?sa=...Qs6cYzjpewT7j3xumWnl

quote:
Originally posted by AXEL19:
Someone in the comments pointed out that when he closes the action at 3:18, something metallic can be seen bouncing off of the front of the table. Any guesses???
 
Posts: 2831 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
  Powered by Social Strata  
 


Copyright December 1997-2021 Accuratereloading.com


Visit our on-line store for AR Memorabilia