New
Find
Notify
Tools

bullet puller
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
i had to pull a couple or 300 bullets recently. I first tried a corbin bullet puller that looked good on paper and was only $62. it had brass jaws pinned onto a vicegrip c clamp. doesn't work - jaws are to smooth. ended up with the rcbs one instead. that one works well

Posts: 13439 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never tried the Corbin, but agree the RCBS colett puller is great.

Posts: 3795 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
Monica Lewinsky!

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The most recent issue of The Backwoodsman Magazine (page 82) contains instructions for a homemade bullet puller made out of a hardwood 2x4, large and wide rubber band, washer, and a little bit of window screen. 30 minutes of work. Of course, for a 50 BMG you might need a bigger piece of lumber, 2x6 or 2x8.

Posts: 106 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
i had to pull a couple or 300 bullets recently. I first tried a corbin bullet puller that looked good on paper and was only $62. it had brass jaws pinned onto a vicegrip c clamp. doesn't work - jaws are to smooth. ended up with the rcbs one instead. that one works well

Assuming you are not talking about pulling crimped projectiles, a good pair of slip-joint pliers and a thick piece of rubber to protect the projectile works well for me. Remove any die in your press, insert the cartridge and raise it thru the top plate, engage the projectile with the pliers and rubber (the pliers need to extend across the full diameter of the press opening), hold tight, and lower the press handle. Result - projectile out without any marks. If you start cutting thru the rubber, wrap the plier jaws in duct tape - you may also need to use a thicker piece of rubber.

If the projectile is crimped, I have no idea, never touch them.

ELR Researcher
www.elr-resources.com
Not a commercial business.
ELR...anything shorter is point blank!
NRA Endowment Member
CRPA Life Member

Posts: 77 | Location: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: 02 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The CH4D 1-1/2" body w/13mm R8 collet works well,even crimped projo's in the 50 BMG cases pull easily.

Keep'em in the X ring,
DAN

www.accu-tig.com

Posts: 425 | Location: Fairbanks,AK. | Registered: 30 October 2008Reply With Quote