Skip Talbot passed away last week,He
was a great force in promoting 50 cal
shooting..Ed

MZEE WA SIKU

Posts: 27742 | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ben589
posted Hide Post
I've never met him, but I've certainly read about him in Very High Power and other magazines.

He'll be missed.

======================================
Cleachdadh mi fo m' féileadh dé tha an m' osan.

Posts: 2172 | Location: Highlands of South Alabama, USA | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
Skip apparantly died at the Nationals in Raton NM. He was a personal friend who helped me get into 1000 yrd competition. Skip shared everything he knew with us openly and honestly. He will be sorely missed.-Rob

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012
Nothing Up my sleeves but never without a plan and never ever without a surprise!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Las Vegas,NV | Registered: 10 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My God what a shame. Skip did so much for the 50BMG match shooting. Never meet him but was hoping to at one of the matches soon.
My condolences to his family and God speed.
John

Posts: 855 | Location: Belgrade, Montana | Registered: 06 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
Frowner

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you gotta go, at least go doing something you love doing. I met him when I was doing "High Power" matches and was always helpful in every way to any rookie that approached him. In a way, he was like Elmer Keith in that he freely helped any who bothered to asked. He was a good man.

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

one of us
Picture of Bob G
posted Hide Post
Skip was a real gentleman. Met him several times at 50 shoots many years ago. He passed out at the National Matches in Ratan. Was stricken on Wed.and rushed to the hospital. He died several days later from complications after surgery to remove a ruptured spleen. You could not find a greater guy to befriend.
He will be Sorely Missed by many.

Do it right the first time.

Posts: 239 | Location: North Smithfield, RI USA | Registered: 09 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
Got this off the FCI Site
-----------------------------------------
Untimely Death of Skip Talbot
July 5, 2005
Eulogy
Most people have by now heard the tragic news that a 50 Caliber legend, Mr. Skip Talbot died on Friday, July 1st while he was at the annual fifty caliber World Championships in Raton, NM.

For those of you who had not heard the news, Skip died as a result of complications that occured subsequent to an operation to stop internal bleeding from a ruptured spleen.

Skips death was very unexpected and certainly untimely. We have lost a legend and our best friend.

For those who would like to attend or pay their respects to his wife Carmen Talbot and the Talbot family, the following information is provided.

For those of you wishing to send flowers or attend services, they will be in Skip's home town of Fallon, NV, at the Christian Life Center, 1435 Kaiser St, at 10 AM, Saturday, July 9. The phone number at the CLC is 775-423-6900. Zip code is 89406.

Skips' home address is:
2462 Hammond Dr.
Fallon, NV 89406

I can assure you that any expression of your condolences to the family will be very much appreciated.

John Burtt, Chmn
FCI

-------------------------------------------

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote