Find
Notify
Tools

Case Lube?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What's the best case lube for the BMG?

Posts: 385 | Location: Brunswick, GA | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Imperial Sizing Die Wax works well-now distributed by Redding w/a green tint & in a smaller tin.

Keep'em in the X ring,
DAN

www.accu-tig.com

Posts: 425 | Location: Fairbanks,AK. | Registered: 30 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i use breakfree, probably cause if have a 5 gal pail of it

Posts: 13439 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use Hornady Unique case lube

DRSS
Beretta 45-70 belgian mag
Tikka 512S 9.3 x 74R
Baikal o/u 30-06
Looking for next one

Posts: 290 | Location: Western Colorado | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Everyone I get to try Imperial Sizing Die Wax becomes a convert. I have used most types of lube but MUCH prefer the Imperial. It takes very little to get the case to size easily and you will not dent cases with over application of lube since it takes so little.

Matthew

Posts: 383 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 29 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have some of the Imperial Die Sizing Wax, but I much prefer the spray on lubes like the stuff Dillon sells in the pump bottle. It goes on much faster than having to screw with each case seperately. When you do most of your loading on a progressive machine, (not .50 BMG but everything else), I like to use products that don't slow down the reloading process. Otherwise what's the point of paying for the speed of a progressive machine? Imperial is good for resizing the big, hot loaded Magnums, and even for the .50, but the spray ons are much quicker.

The spray on lubes work really on a Q-Tip for lubing the inside of the case mouth which is very important. I've never stuck a case in a die, but 90% of the ones I've seen were because of the lack of lubrication in the case mouth. When they tried to pull the expander back out through the neck, it sheared off the rim in the shell holder. Bill T.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, agreed about the spray on and progressive presses. I do not load with a progressive anymore as I mostly shoot big magnums anymore so the thought did not even cross my mind. When I used to load 44 and 30-06 on my old progressive press I only used spray lubes on those.

Matthew

Posts: 383 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 29 May 2009Reply With Quote