New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sited in a Barret last week
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was out in Montana working on a freinds cabin and he had an brand new bolt action mag feed 50 that only been bore sited.

I was given 10 rounds and was told to get it on paper. Frist shot a 100 yards missed a 36 inch by 48 inch target. Moved into 25 yards and in 3 shots I had her dead nuts at 25 moved back to 100yards in 2 shots had her hitting 4 inchs high and a 2 inch group then I was out of ammo.

I figured it must be around a 325 yard zero didn't have the ammo or the range to comfirm it.

Told the guy that owns it he should really get out and shoot it. But I think he is a bit afraid of it.

But what the heck I'll shoot up his ammo if he gives me more.

Posts: 19354 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have him sign up for Barrets long range class. He won't be afraid of it by the time he's done with the course. Cost used to be 1500. and if he's interested, they now offer the Long Range Tactical for an additional 1500. The courses usually run back to back and are worth it. :My .50 82A1 is really accurate out to 2200 yards. It was worth it.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
got a good cleaning rest?

bore sight it at 25.. hold on good, fire ONE round while holding very well on the bull

put the gun in the cleaning vise, align to cross hairs on the bull

adjust scope to put crosshairs ON THE BULLET HOLE, without moving the gun,

go shoot at 100

1 shot zero.

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38458 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote