New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beware of this outfit
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I ordered a "Little Sharps Rifle in 22 HOrnet" from ELK CO. AMMO & ARMS, AT A COST OF ABOUT $1200 AFTER SHIPPING ETC..

Its an impressive litlle gun and shot good with specific loads. but primer indention is very light, and you have to push the round in hard to close the lock up...the tang peep is a disaster of cheap engenering, and won't hold zero..Its drilled and tapped for scope bases but ElK Co. has no idea what bases, and adised me bases dont come with guns!!?? all I wanted to know was who makes them. they suggested I call Italy the maker, and that they are not responsible for the gun and call Italy, send it back, maybe they would make it good..I told them I could fix the problems but felt that they should do it..The guy on the other end of the conversation said send it back and quite "whining" at which time I told him, "kiss off asshole, your a two bit BS artist, end of conversation with you..

So guess I will fix the problems, btw another problem its D&T for one of those old time copper Sharps scopes, and the spacing is about 12 inches so a single D&T will be required to mount my Leupold Alaskan 6X on it..

Its a cute as hell little rifle, and I was impressed at first but certain things keep poping up..

I recommend anyone wanting to deal with ELK Co Ammo and Arms, duck for cover and if I ever come face to face with that little dip shit its katy bar the door! hammering jumping Ive kept all their posts, what I will do with them I don't know, but think I'll bit the bullet and foget the other gun I intended to buy from them..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41811 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure I remember calling them a few years ago asking some questions about one of their rifles and got the impression from the guy I spoke to that I was bothering him and he really didn't care if I bought the rifle or not.

Steve.......

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote