THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM 50 CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  50 Caliber BMG Forum    AR Lower based 50's what stock are you using?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR Lower based 50's what stock are you using?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am looking for a stock for my AR Based 50 I purchased a while back and now have time to assemble and shoot.
What stocks are you gents using? Can the collapsible stocks out there hold together under recoil?
I have been looking at the Ace stock line too.
thanks

Posts: 83 | Location: Elk Horn Mnts Oregon | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My issue with the whole AR upper system is they are weighted way too far forward and I have not played with it long enough to really get it set up "perfectly".

I used a collapsable 6 position on my BOHICA until I got the ace. I did not put a recoil pad or a cheek piece on the collapsable and found it to be fine but my eye lined up a little low for comfortable shooting. I now use the cheap ace and like it fine. It fits me well and felt recoil is certainly less. I think one of the fancy magpul stocks may be the way to go as they are very ajustable and could be more easily weighted to balance the rifle better. I intend to try one later this summer when I get around to ordering one. I do not think you will be disappointed with the ace for the price though.

A buddy has a 6 position on his and he modified it with a recoil pad and cheek piece and he loves it.

Matthew

Posts: 383 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 29 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanx Matthewx
I am currently using an A2 stock.

Posts: 83 | Location: Elk Horn Mnts Oregon | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Update just ordered a ACE Skeleton butt stock.