Notify
Tools

Where have all the Single Shot
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted
Pistol shooters gone.

Not to Specialty Pistols Forum as that board is not all that active.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
I'm here.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven't been very active since last fall when I took this nice Sika buck with a Contender chambered in 257 Raptor.

NRA Life Member
HHI Member
SCI Member

"get busy living... or get busy dying"

Posts: 103 | Location: Central Kentucky | Registered: 28 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
to hot in AZ here to be very active CRYBABY
nmhunter

Posts: 34 | Location: Goodyear AZ | Registered: 25 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ammohouse
posted Hide Post
My lame ass excuse is work.
I know, not very exciting but it's true

*we band of 45-70ers*

USAF AMMO Retired!

Posts: 246 | Location: from TEXAS, stationed in South Dakota | Registered: 02 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Relative newbie to AR here...been active shooting and reloading for the upcoming fall seasons when not chasing turkeys and hogs this spring. Picked up a new barrel for the 'Tender collection for Christmas and my first (2 - uh oh) XP's the early part of the year.

Now waiting for it to get cooler.

Posts: 43 | Location: Coastal SC | Registered: 03 December 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been out shooting woodchucks with my Savage Striker in 22-250. LAst winter I had Gordy Gritters work on the trigger then bed a Super Striker stock for it.
Wonderful rig it has become Smiler
Hey TCLouis... I see Mid TN, I was in Winchester TN for work last week... nice part of the country, I even met another member here in a gun shop

I am one gun away from being happy

Posts: 901 | Location: NW OH | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kevin Rohrer
posted Hide Post
I am still working up a load for this .221FB. Tried H110 w/ 40gr. V-Max; now I am trying IMR4227 and hope to get at least 2800fps.

Member:
Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, Varmint Hunters' Assn., ARTCA, and American Legion.

"An armed society is a polite society" --Robert Heinlein via Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

Caveat Emptor: Don't trust *Cavery Grips* from Clayton, NC. He is a ripoff.

Posts: 479 | Location: Medina, Ohio USA | Registered: 30 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Working to pay off my safari.

Alas I did not take a handgun along and it was rifle only.

Next time however....................................................................................

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1026 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
I used to frequent and post here quite a bit, but thanks to some health issues, I've had to give up the handguns for the most part as I can't comfortably shoot them anymore. And, I don't post that often either anymore as typing -- a simple activity I once took for granted -- can be quite challenging and painful. (I've even talked the kiddos into typing some things for me a time or 2... Smiler)

Buy my affliction with TCs continues, however, as I've just switched sides and am now shooting the rifle versions.

I think many of the same folks who used to keep this forum more active are still around but simply haven't been posting. They certainly aren't rolling the coubnters at Specialty Pistols as that forum's traffic is minimal. Ditto for GBO.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9334 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
There is a program called Dragon naturally speaking "speech to text" . I had version 3.0 years ago and it was only so so. A local gunsmith uses it now and swears by it, version 11 maybe. It might be worth a try...........Tom C

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am still around but not on the "net" as much as I used to be. I have also swapped back to a few long guns since I started shooting CB's 97% of the time. I was down to one hunting rifle and the rest were all pstols of some sort. I have been fooling with milsurps of various calibers and chamberings.
However, my IHMSA guns are still used and just picked up anotherone, BF. I hope to make it replace a TC and another older BF. In hopes that it will be a do all of sorts. Shoot five catagories with one gun and two loads. I do it now with two guns of the same caliber, but the differnce in chamber dimensions you can't swap ammo. Nothing like having the right caliber and load but for the wrong gun...........
Oh, don't flame me, but I bought a stick and string to flip sharp sticks with archer. Why, because I am in the city limits now with deer coming out of my ears.........
Alos been playing a small bit with trap. I use that more for a warm up shooting ducks and geese than anything.
Winter brings on indoor bullseye and have been trying to find one that makes me happy. Bullseye is a game I wish I had found about 20-30 years ago as i really enjoy it. FYI, any of you that have this available in reasonble distance from hom and are not shooting it are missing out. It really makes you a better shooter as far as sight alignment, trigger and breathing control.
Glad to see folks still here as i don't get around much anymore.
Work sure interfears with my hobbies,lol.
Jeff

Posts: 655 | Location: Kansas US of A | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Bobby Tomack, I never knew, I hope you get better if that is possible. I too keep buying pistols and never shoot them due to disabilty. I don't have the get up and go it got up and went. had I known of your problems I would have said forget the thing you did for me. Still no reply from our friend? LOL Thanks again Bobby Lou

For God and Country

Posts: 8 | Location: Ocean View DE | Registered: 15 August 2011Reply With Quote