New
Find
Notify
Tools

used contender barrels online???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is Ed's Contender the only one that sells used Cntender barrels online? and has a list of what they have??

Live every day like it was your last, because someday it will be!!!

Posts: 140 | Location: N. E. Ohio | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.bellmtcs.com/ has used barrels on occasion. Get on the mailing list. People on the list get first offer.

Posts: 176 | Location: Earth | Registered: 18 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
I don't know if Ed now updates his list online (I doubt it as he is EXTREMELY busy), but he generally has HUNDREDS of TC barrels. Call him for a list and he'll send it to you. It will be several pages long.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9319 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is Specialty Pistols-forum. Make it via google.

----------------------------------------------

There is no place like Paytonplace

Posts: 171 | Location: Finland | Registered: 17 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
what kw said they wheel&deal barrels on there every day in just about any flavor you can think of.plus lots of good info.i go over there everyday.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Looking for 22RF, amd 22MAG barrels.14 or 15 Inch bull barrels. Eds contenders website is off line, anyone have a phone number.
Lyle
lylensuzi@yahoo.com

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. I would remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
Barry M Goldwater.

Posts: 968 | Location: YUMA, ARIZONA | Registered: 12 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anyone have a phone number for Eds, his website is down.
Lyle

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. I would remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
Barry M Goldwater.

Posts: 968 | Location: YUMA, ARIZONA | Registered: 12 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Between 8:00AM and 6:00PM M-S
(405)-879-0879

Faxes may be sent to
(405)-843-9879

edstc@cox.net

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9319 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
THANK YOU BOBBY

Barry M Goldwater.

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
You are welcome.

I saw on another site that Ed's site had been down a while (server problems in his area) but is back up and running.

I sure wish he'd put his current incventory on his site -- or at least a link to it. On second thought, that would probably be a bad idea for my bank account... Big Grin

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ

one of us
Picture of RobinB
posted Hide Post
There is an Encore and a Contender classifieds on Grey Beard (http://www.go2gbo.com/). You have to sign up to view them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whole bunch of barrels at this site:

http://www.ktpguns.com/interior.php/pid/28

Have ordered previously, believe list is up to date...........r in s.

Posts: 866 | Location: Puget Sound country | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've bought and sold a number of barrels on Gun Broker.

Bob

http://www.gunbroker.com/

"Onward through the Fog"

Posts: 41 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
After about 25yrs shooting factory T/C barrels or trying to get them to shoot, I would never buy a factory made barrel unless I was going to rechamber or rebore or both to it. I have seen hand made 303's from Packistan that had better cut chambers than some T/C barrels.

Posts: 538 | Location: North of LA, Peoples Rep. of Calif | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fat_Albert:
After about 25yrs shooting factory T/C barrels or trying to get them to shoot, I would never buy a factory made barrel unless I was going to rechamber or rebore or both to it. I have seen hand made 303's from Packistan that had better cut chambers than some T/C barrels.

You must be very unlucky.If you float the barrels,use some type of oversize hinge pin and do a trigger job I have yet to have one that does not shoot under 1"MOA.I have 7MM08,6.5X55 ,223 for my Encore plus Muzzle loading barrels.For my TC 7TCU ,7-30 Waters ,221 Fireball The Muzzle loading barrels give me honest 2 MOA at a hundred yds.I have 35 Rem and 7-30 Waters in 14" in my Contender that shoot 1/2" at 100 yds.The only barrel that I bought from Bergara a 24" 243 was a piece of crap.It shot patterns,not groups.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess I've been lucky too...my 14" 7-30 Waters barrel will shoot dime groups at 100 yards every time I take it out to the range. This is with factory Federal Premium Ammo too! I've always preferred to be lucky!

Bob

"Onward through the Fog"

Posts: 41 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would not shy back from buying another t/c barrel. bad experiance with bergara as well.

Posts: 201 | Location: south louisiana | Registered: 18 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Of course, I've found a sizable number of used contender and encore barrels right here in the classifieds Wink

Probably bought about a third of my 20-odd T/C barrels from fellow AR members. Never hurts to search "contender" and encore" in the classifieds when you're poking around AR anyway...Pretty darn fair prices, too.

As for chambers, I tend to buy T/C barrels chambered in something slightly shorter than I intend for it to be and then properly cut a chamber. hence, my .375 H&H Encore started life as a .375 JDJ, etc. T/C often cuts chambers that aren't much concentric with the bores and the throats are all over the map at times. Worst barrel I ever got from them (purchased second hand from the fellow who ordered it from the cussed em shop, put a box through it, and decided he didn't like the recoil) was actually a custom shop .375 H&H, which is why I sold that one and made a JDJ into H&H with a proper chamber. Wasn't anything wrong with the rifling of the custom shop barrel, but the chamber and throat were really off.

Posts: 176 | Location: Earth | Registered: 18 December 2008Reply With Quote