Tools

Irony..... This news on July 4th
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
On the day of our celebration of independence,
I wake up to read this in the news.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,56953,00.html

I do not usually shop for firearms at Wal-mart, but I don't believe that any law-abiding citizen should be denied their right to purchase an affordable rifle or shotgun, just because the guv can't do it's job in under 3 days.
This smells just like K-mart.

Posts: 37 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: 18 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
In April, the Americans for Gun Safety Foundation sent a letter to Wal-Mart and other firearms sellers � including Big 5, Gart Sports, Sports Authority and Kmart � asking them to adopt the so-called ``don't know, don't sell'' policy.

Recent research showed that, during an 18-month period, more than 10,000 criminals nationwide obtained guns through licensed dealers because their background checks could not be completed within three days, according to the foundation.

[Mad] B U L L S H I T ! ! ! [Mad]

I would really like to see the proof! I have never seen one of these "research projects" yet that did not include BS data.....

Just more freakin propaganda.... [Mad]

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, Have you noticed how "gun control advocates" have now "morphed" into "gun safety advocates"? [Confused] Even my favorite news service, "fair and balanced" Fox News, has fell for the sham.... (see paragraphs 1 and 6). [Mad] Wal-Mart is the nation's largest gun retailer??? That's a scary thought.... [Frown] Gary T.

Posts: 491 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted Hide Post
My question is this, if 10,000 criminals have bought these firearms from the stores because the check took too long, how many have they arrested since finding out they are criminals? If it is not 10,000 when does law enforcement plan on picking up these criminals? My suspision is that this is a bogus statistic. I wonder if the author of the story did any reasearch to see if the stat has any basis in fact? I bet he didn't.

They shouldn't have any problem finding most of these individuals since they have recently filled out that silly yellow paper.

I think that Walmart is just trying to cover it's own butt. It is amazing what a bunch of cowards there are around these days

Rich Jake

Posts: 1213 | Location: Middletown NY USA | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
<Sam>
posted
The stats probably are crap, especially if they're from AGS. But I have to go with Wal-Mart on this one. If you want to pressure someone, write to your elected officials and fix NCIS. Here in Virginia we usually get an answer in five minutes.

one of us
Picture of redial
posted Hide Post
Hmm. Sounds a lot like the "400,000 criminals prevented from obtaining guns" the Reno-led Dept of Justice attributed to the Brady law. OK, where are the 400,000 felons sitting in federal pens?

A big, steaming pile of secondhand oats.

Government serves government first, remember.

Redial

Posts: 1121 | Location: Florence, MT USA | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With Quote
<pshooter>
posted
I deal with polititions all the time and the typical configuration that the majority of them are in is that they have the other party by the balls, while the other party has them by the balls. If there ever was a bigger game of pocket pool going on...I missed it! mvm