New
Find
Notify
Tools

Borden/Alpine 6.5-284 clone XP-100
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Last Tuesday I confirm drops, on the Black Widow 6.5x47 Lapua. I was also able to shoot for the first time in the field both on Steel and Prairie Dogs my Nine Run Gun/Michael DeLoach 6.5-284 that has a Borden/Alpine (Clone XP action). The action is so smooth! The Dell trigger is deliciously light! I almost giggle at times it is so light and clean. Shoots great as you can tell!
Confirmed drops at 400 yards, 496 yards, 575 yards, 645 yards, and 673 yards. All was 10” steel with the exception of the 673-yard target which was 12.” Using the Nosler 140 grain Accubond. Dan Ekstrom did the loading and the shooting at 100 yards for load development and turned in a beautiful 10-shot group, using a Harris Bipod in a small leather field bag. Holland’s Radial Baffle brake always does a wonderful job turning recoil into puff-cake status.
I should’ve taken more pictures during drop confirmation, but we were trying to get three different specialty pistols drops confirmed that morning. Plus, we wanted to do some dog shooting as well. Picture below is 10-inch steel at 575 yards, during drop confirmation shooting, and you can tell it was stacking in the shots. Sweet Rig! I am looking forward to using this for hunting this fall.

Ernie

Posts: 827 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 11 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That pistol is "totally sick man"!
(the kids tell me that means "good")

Since I shoot from 600 to 900 WITH RIFLES every week, I'd have to say that you have impressed me with the pistol and your abilities to use it!

Zeke

one of us
posted Hide Post
Glad you like it.
I will stretch its legs beyond 1K in the near future.

Ernie

one of us
posted Hide Post
YIPPEE!!

Steve

Posts: 926 | Location: pueblo.co | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks bud!

Ernie