New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler 48
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone own one? Likes? Dislikes? Would you buy another?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6590 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Looks cool, never held one!

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The action is a Howa. I do not know whose barrel they use.

Posts: 10606 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
After two weeks of trying to order one I gave up. Emailed Nosler three times, no response back. Called and left two voice mails and same response, nothing.
Must be a sign I didn’t need it to begin with Smiler.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6590 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not too different from my experience, except they already had my money.

They make good bullets.

Their ammo is pretty good.

They really need to work on the gun side of the business if they want to keep it. It bugs the everloving daylights out of me that the gun writers can get things sent and fixed within days... the rest of us, forget about it.

Posts: 10478 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very pricey for a factory specialty pistol.
They typically shoot good.
You can build custom XP of your choice for the same price

Ernie

Posts: 827 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 11 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Full disclosure here. Today received a long and detailed message on my answering machine. All my questions were answered.
Took them awhile, but they finally responded. Just not sure if I want to order one.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Is it what you want for the price range that you know is comparable, if you were comparing apples with apples?

Ernie

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I'll wait until I see their Independence model for sale. Its the same basic handgun without the option to pick colors for about $800 less.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Roger that

Ernie

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gunbrokers is flooded with the Independence model in 6.5 Creedmoor, roughly $1500 selling cost. But I just can’t convince myself to buy one due to the advertised weight of 6.5 pounds. Add a scope, rings, mount and sling and it’s at 8 pounds. I own rifles that are scoped and weigh less.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shot and hunted with a friend's Nosler in 6.5 Needmore. I thought the gun was on the ugly side. It was very accurate, but the Needmore round in a handgun is on the pathetic side. Most groundhogs ran a ways, and deer definitely ran a ways. Used 120 BTs which work excellent in my 6.5/.284 XP.
Bad shots by me??? Don't think so. I've taken 13,981 groundhogs and 2513 deer with handguns.
I'll stick with my XPs.

Larry Rogers

Posts: 246 | Location: eastern WV | Registered: 01 December 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:

They make good bullets.

They really need to work on the gun side of the business if they want to keep it. It bugs the everloving daylights out of me that the gun writers can get things sent and fixed within days... the rest of us, forget about it.

Did you ever think they may be shut down because of the damn virus? 2020

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
Gunbrokers is flooded with the Independence model in 6.5 Creedmoor, roughly $1500 selling cost. But I just can’t convince myself to buy one due to the advertised weight of 6.5 pounds. Add a scope, rings, mount and sling and it’s at 8 pounds. I own rifles that are scoped and weigh less.

LOL, that's the rifle!

Posts: 277 | Location: Murphy, TX | Registered: 21 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mac, didn't see this until now.

The virus claim? No. Not part of my issue.

This all occurred prior to 2019. I even talked with them at SCI about it and was told to take a hike.

My issue was with a .26 Nosler rifle I brought and paid for, and it took over 2 years to be delivered, and thereafter had numerous issues that they could not be bothered to address. I received the rifle in fall of 2019.

Even the regional rep was aghast with the company's behavior (I gave him the copies of my correspondence.)

quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:

They make good bullets.

Did you ever think they may be shut down because of the damn virus? 2020

Posts: 10478 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have 2, a .22 Nosler and a 6 Creed. Took a long time to finally get them but the wait was worth it. Scary accurate, a little on the heavy side and the trigger adjustment needs to be lighter. They are shipping better now and I would by another if they produced a .20 Vartarg.

Posts: 39 | Location: South Central Pa. | Registered: 22 February 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Price has fallen more on these as they must not be selling that well. I just purchased one of the Independence models in 6.5 CM for $1408.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The Independence model has been selling from $1400-$1600 for some time now on Gunbroker.
They are the only center-grip specialty pistol being produced right now, and the price on the Independence is good for what you are getting. Congrats on your 6.5 Creed!

Ernie

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I suspect Nosler is discontinuing the Independence model as they no longer list it on their web site.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
Price has fallen more on these as they must not be selling that well. I just purchased one of the Independence models in 6.5 CM for $1408.

I couldn't take it anymore...I picked up a 6 Creed Independence. They are the only company making a center-grip specialty pistol, and they have upgraded the trigger as well. Currently waiting for the brake to come in.
I should be in the 2700 fps range with 103's and 108's

Ernie