THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT PISTOLS FORUM

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It is finally in the mail! NOW IT IS HERE!!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
H-S finally got their mess cleaned up. Greg shipped it off to me today. Can't wait! Now the fun part of barrel break-in and load development. I'm sure the wait will be worth it.

Ernie

[ 05-21-2003, 08:35: Message edited by: xphunter ]

Posts: 827 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 11 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Bummer!! Sounds like one of my projects [Frown]

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,
Now it is on it's way!

Ernie

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
COOL!

How long before this puppie is in your hands??

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sometime next week, hopefully by Thursday. Just got some 147 grain Clinch River VLD's in this week. Still waiting for some "Carteruchio" bullets 141 VLD's. Will also try some 140 grain A-Max & 142 SMK's. Still looking for a used 36"D" to convert to a long eye relief 20 power.

Ernie

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xphunter:
Still looking for a used 36"D" to convert to a long eye relief 20 power.

Did you end up with one the last time you were posting about it? If so, how did it work out?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,
No I haven't got one yet. I do have some funds rounded up now, but now it is trying to find one that is reasonably priced. I was hoping to buy one and get it modified before the clinic. I doubt now that will happen. I have a 3-12 BurrisLER W/Ballistic Plex & Target knobs ready to go on the XP, so I still have a good scope to put on it, but a 20x long eye-relief would be great.

Ernie

<SD Handgunner>
posted
The long waite will finally be over, and the fun will begin.

You have my curiosity up concerning the conversion of a Rifle Scope to Long Eye Relief. I didn't know there was a company out there that did this type of thing. How expensive is this service and what brands of scopes can this be done to?

Larry

one of us
posted Hide Post
Larry,
There is only one guy that I know that even does this, Wally Siebert, and he can only do it on fixed power Leupold's. A 24x when modified to a LER goes down to about 15x and the 36x to 20x. Conversion once you own the scope is $130.
Ernie

one of us
posted Hide Post
Make sure you get some good pics with that 3-12 Burris on top. Could prove useful in the future.

Posts: 926 | Location: pueblo.co | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been having very good luck with my Leupold 24x that has been turned into a EER 15x. I don't know who did the work originally (nothing to identify in terms of markings).

Ernie - I don't think you will regret converting a scope (if you ever get a 36x purchased). This one fits the bill perfectly for my purposes although it can be difficult to maintain a sight picture from a freestyle silhouette position. However I don't think you'll have that from a rest so the extra magnification should be handy. I'm getting the chance to shoot my .223AI w/15x scope in a match this weekend so I should just about have the gun zero'd in "just right". Maybe that should be an incentive to go shooting together so you can give it a try. Have you got any Berger 140 VLD's? Another really nice "slick" bullet is the Lapua 139gr Scenars...slightly lower BC than the Berger's but it has a bit longer driving band as well so it might not be as finicky to load.

Posts: 391 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Got pics yet?? [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,
No pics yet. I don't have a digital camera.

Ernie

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yet another reason to get together...I got a digital camera. I'd be happy to trade usage of the camera for the opportunity to send a couple 6.5 projectiles downrange while you took pictures of me modeling the pistol for ya! Seriously though, I'm almost excited for you as that sounds like a sweet pistola.

one of us
posted Hide Post
When are you coming down? I'll not only let you shoot the 6.5, but you can shoot any of my XP's and or the MOA.

Ernie

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm...you're puttin the responsibility on me eh? I'm not sure I have a very good comeback for that one. She hardly lets me out of the house for a day of silhouetting down the road...nevermind heading off to Wichita or Hutch. Heck, you're a preacher...you must have LOTS of free time since you only work on Sundays and maybe Wednesdays! [Wink] [Big Grin]

Seriously, I'd love to break away but I keep finding a noose around my neck so I don't pull very hard. I'll keep trying to come up with an excuse...excuse me "a reason" to get out and have some shootin fun.