New
Find
Notify
Tools

Give us a hint Mr. Bellm
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
On what to expect as far as the barrels you'll be making. Your the only one who knows whats lurkin around your shop. I sure would like to have a 20" 444 for my Contender. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
<foodaddy11>
posted
i have to agree with jules, but i would sure like to find a 14" 444 marlin barrel for a contender!

one of us
posted Hide Post
If you get one, do yourself a favor and get a brake on it. IMO, Find yourself a used factory 14" 44mag with the brake already on it for $150. or so and get it rechambered. The TC factory brake works very well.

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
.30 caliber barrels are high priority for the .30 Bellm barrels I need to deliver to CNC Cartridge asap. This need and the need to keep short accounts and sell from inventory are what precipitated the decision to go back to making barrels. And of course Virgin Valley's pricing and policy changes had a lot to do with it also.

BTW, I will still be doing custom work. I just won't promote it much. Ie., those of you in the "inner circle" will still get your chances at rechamber jobs ok, but I am not putting as much emphasis on it as I did before.

There will be 25 barrels in the first batch. That is what I have lugs ready for. I may toss in some carbine length .22 cal. barrels and a .25 cal. for Yo himself, but the bulk will be .30 cal. and are pretty well earmarked already.

Carbine length .44s are not likely this go around, but down the line I really want to make some .41s, especially .414 Super Mag. This one looks quite appealing, and I have quite a few .41 cal. barrel blanks I cut rifled years ago.

By and large, I will be working mostly from blanks I already have on hand as opposed to going out and buying blanks.

Mike

Posts: 791 | Location: Grants Pass, OR USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote