New
Find
Notify
Tools

.22 LR barrels/subsonics
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello, I really like shooting CCI subsonic .22LR in long barreled rifles, but in my 10" contender .22 LR, they are still pretty loud. What ammunition can I use to make my contender quieter, or what barrel would I have to use to get a quiet combination?

Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yahoo:
Hello, I really like shooting CCI subsonic .22LR in long barreled rifles, but in my 10" contender .22 LR, they are still pretty loud. What ammunition can I use to make my contender quieter, or what barrel would I have to use to get a quiet combination?

Thanks

CB Longs are about as quiet as it's going to get without eroding the chamber with 22 shorts.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14363 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
quote:
Originally posted by yahoo:
What ammunition can I use to make my contender quieter, or what barrel would I have to use to get a quiet combination?

CB Longs are about as quiet as it's going to get without eroding the chamber with 22 shorts.

Years ago I made great trouble for the pigeons in the hayloft of my uncle's barn using a 10 inch Contender fitted with the original Aimpoint and fed RWS BB Caps. Haven't seen any of the neat round tins in a couple decades now though, and as TomP points out the CCI CB Longs are pretty much the standard these days.