Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forearm for Encore Pistol
 Login/Join

posted
Have seen some pictures of Encore pistols with pistol barrels with what look like rifle length forearms.

Does anyone which if any TC rifle forearm fits a 15 inch Encore barrel?

Posts: 21 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: 20 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
The barrels you've seen are rifle barrels that have been cut down to pistol barrel length.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
does not have to be a cut down rifle barrel.tou can get aftermarket forearms and barrels any length you want.if your into encores and contenders go over to specialty pistols,you will be amazed at the guns those guys build and wheel and deal.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Encore pistol projects involve things that start as unchambered and unturned barrels, things started as rifle barrels that met the chop saw, and things started as pistol barrels that got bigger chambers. It's not hard to do a bit of work and make any of the above take any type of fore or even multiple types of them.

For me the choice depends on the caliber but for under 16" barrels I prefer pillar bedding of pistol fores, pillar bedding of rifle fores for the one's that are carbine legal, sometimes, depending on caliber. I've never found a personally comfortable way to shoot a rifle caliber Encore pistol with hands anywhere but on the grip. Others differ on this. It's just my personal druthers. Fore on an Encore to me is more of an aesthetic choice than a pragmatic choice, as how I hold it when firing the fore is irrelevant. Some barrels look silly with pistol fores, some look silly with rifle fores, and when I shoot any of them, my hand or hands are on the pistol grip.

There are many ways to skin a T/C pistol.

Like my old boss the sometimes race car driver told me, "it ain't as fast as you wanna go, but as fast as you can afford to spend."

However you do it, they're great fun.

Happy Shooting,

Posts: 176 | Location: Earth | Registered: 18 December 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
You are right about the specialty pistols site, in fact thats where I got the barrel.

I just seem to spend a lilttle more time reading on this site so I thought I would ask here.

I want to try an extended forearm for shooting from a rest or off of a bipod.

Thanks again for all your replies.

Posts: 21 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: 20 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of erict
posted Hide Post
Try this link for one option: TC Muzzleloader forearm on 15" barrel

"Listen more than you speak, and you will hear more stupid things than you say."

Posts: 705 | Location: near Albany, NY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that link. Looks to be a little more than I was wanting but it's always interesting to see others projects and how they approach them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Make via google: Specialty Pistols.
There are custom woodworkers.

Posts: 171 | Location: Finland | Registered: 17 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He will make pretty much any style and space the screws how ever you want.

http://www.olegeorgiajim.com/

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a hanger bar on all my barrels and the forearms can be moved around. the forearms have to be made or converted to the hanger bars.
I had Virgin Valley do some then Straton Custom. Bullberry uses a smaller bar that looks like the Pacmayer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
we are making long forends for the Encore . see example in photo. Also doing heavy taper inlet. PM me if you want some details . We have all grades of wood.

Posts: 205 | Location: Mt . Orab OHIO | Registered: 12 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
TC Dave on Specialty Pistols will make a forend to YOUR specs. His work is not only terrific, but his pricing is reasonable.

Below are forends he made to my specs -- and they work great. The laminate was the most expensive of the lot and was still only around $75 shipped, if I recall correctly.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9336 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote