Find
Notify
Tools

Bullberry
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Guess he charges for what you order, not for what you get.

Posts: 723 | Location: Ny | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
<Fisher>
posted
Rich, after reading your reply I can understand why you had the reaction you did with Bullberry. I probably would have reacted in a similar manner. I work for a utility company and my responabilities are supporting software for our employee's over an 8 state area. Being on the customer support side of things can be trying at best sometimes. However, arguing or blowing off a customer can be more damaging then the initial problem. Sometimes you just have to smile and ask "what is it going to take for this to be resolved". Then fix it and move on. The good PR you get from handling it that way will be much better than the damage a dissatisfied customer can cause on places like this.

Fireball, there are so many factors in why people pick the products they do. Cost, quality, customer services, delivery times just to name a few. Who is to say which one has a higher priority. That in itself is a personal decision. I suppose that's what makes the world go round. Not to mention it gives us something to talk about on here. I to have never had any problems with factory barrel. Although most of mine are custom now.

I do appriciate you guys being patient with me on this. This type of topic in the past has tended to flare up a bit.

Thanks again

[ 07-10-2002, 01:21: Message edited by: Fisher ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
For 23 years I have had people bring work done by others to me to fix. I usually first march them back to the guy that did the work to start with. If he goofed, I believe he deserves the courtesy of an opportunity to fix it, and I appreciate the same when there is a problem with my work.

There are exceptions of course when there is a solid history of how a given shop does things after repeated attempts to get them corrected.

Mike

Posts: 791 | Location: Grants Pass, OR USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tommyn
posted Hide Post
Lets let this thread die. It started out positive and I'm sorry I started it. Believe me it will not happen again by me. Mike I have talked with you several times in SW Mo and found you very interesting and you even though you disagreed with my loading practices you were a gentleman. We all have differences with some things things that happen and someones workmanship. There is such a thing as overkill. Not a flame at all. Tommy from SW Mo

one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted Hide Post
Tommyn
As far as I'm concerned my issue with Bullberry is closed. No need to harp on it.
Rich Jake

Posts: 1213 | Location: Middletown NY USA | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One more please, since I hadn't put in my 2 cents yet?

I have a Bullberry Encore rifle barrel/stock in 223. Took a little longer than quoted, but that barrel really shoots, less than .5 moa with handloads.

OK, I'm done.

Thanks, Bill

Posts: 1169 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Why let it die? What the heck else do we have to talk about?

Posts: 723 | Location: Ny | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
<wildcat51>
posted
Gossip at its best. All you need is a cup of tea and a feather hat.

one of us
Picture of tommyn
posted Hide Post
CAS and wildcat 51 you made me laugh. Cool and everyone have a great day. [Big Grin]

<Headstamp>
posted
I'll just wait for the movie to come out.

[Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I will say that my experience with Bullberry standing behind their work has been phenomonal. I purchased a 14" 6mm Bullberry and worked with it for a long period of time. I just could never get the right combination of components to get the group size and velocity that I was satisfied with. I sent it back and they tested it and returned it to me. I still wasn't satisfied so they agreed to swap it out with a 6mm Bullberry in a carbine length barrel. I could not get this one to shoot groups with velocity that was acceptable either. This barrel was sent back and returned to me and was still unacceptable. Fred agreed to refund my money or give me another barrel, which ever I choose. I opted for another barrel and got one chambered for a 5.6X50R which shot like a house afire and caused my buddy who had no previous interest in Contenders to get bitten by the Contender bug. This all transpired over a period of two or three years. I did not expect anyone to be agreeable to work with someone who had a product for so long. With the 5.6X50R I shot crows, copperheads, coyotes, and deer. With the Speer TNT bullet it was flying dynamite. Coyotes hit with this load would have fist sized holes. My buddy ended up getting a carbine length 45/70 which shoots a one hole group at 50 yards and sub MOA groups at 100 yards. We both bought 22Match barrels for our carbines for squirrel hunting and make head shots. Mine is 18" and his is 22". This has been my experience with Bullberry and it has been positive. Some of the delivery times have not gone as promised, but I am more interested in the finished product. I also have Encore barrels from Bullberry in 30 & 240 Gibbs. [Smile]

Posts: 98 | Location: MO, USA | Registered: 22 March 2002Reply With Quote