New
Find
Notify
Tools

Encore scope base?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Looking for scope base opinions..the once piece base/ring set looks strong..anyone use it?

Posts: 27 | Location: MN | Registered: 27 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd avoid the TC Duo Mount like the plague if that is the one you are talking about.

Best overall for the sake of your scope's health and having adjustment capabilities is the Burris Signature mounts with the plastic inserts.

Custom bases like Virgin Valley's are great.... using Weaver type rings. They prefer the Warn rings I believe, but the Burris rings are a better choice, I think.

If you are into swapping scopes around or don't want to buy a scope for every barrel, the Leupold Quick Release Mount is a good option.

My 2 cents worth.

Mike

Posts: 791 | Location: Grants Pass, OR USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought two used Encore barrels..both have the duo mount already on them. WHat problems do they have in case I run into something?

Posts: 27 | Location: MN | Registered: 27 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of OldFart
posted Hide Post
I like the Burris Dual Dovetail base, using the signature rings. I like the signature rings because they are more forgiving, hold the scope solidly, and I have never seen them make a mark on a scope.

<SlimL>
posted
Never have had a problem with my Leupold bases and rings. I also like the Millet rings. Slim