New
Find
Notify
Tools

7BR data...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Any of you guys shooting a 7BR, especially with cast bullets?

thanks,

Rich
Buff Killer

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
I've had several 7 BRs, but cast bullets were maybe 0.1 percent of what I shot in them. Most were set up specifically hunting deer-sized game.

My go-to load -- and one that's proven to be both accurate and effective in a number of other 7 BRs as well -- is the 120 grain Nosler BT ahead of 32 grains of H335. It drives the bullet just over 2400 fps from a 14.5" barrel and generally affords groups of an inch to an inch-and-a-quarter for 5 shots at 200 yards.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9319 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
28.5 grains of Reloader 7 and either the 120Hornady VMAX, Nosler 120BT or the 120 Sierra will generate around 2550fps from the Remington XP's and great accuracy as far as my testing has gone on 4 different center grip XP's in 7BR. All of them would shoot this load into sub-MOA groups and kill varmints and deer(deer are varmints aren't they?) with authority! GHD

Groundhog Devastation(GHD)

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Idaho,

Check out the Handgun silhouette section, plenty of cast shooters in 7BR.
My favourite load is either the RCBS or the SAECO 145 grainer with 28grains of VV N140.Peter.

ihmsakiwi

Posts: 41 | Location: new zealand | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote