New
Find
Notify
Tools

Savage Striker?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone have a Savage Striker? [M516in 22-250]. Are they a good gun ? Whats a good price for a used one? Any info good or bad would be appreciated. Thanks, Lone Hunter

Posts: 210 | Location: Smithfield, NC, USA | Registered: 15 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used to have a Striker in 308. It was very accurate despite the HORRIBLE trigger. Replaced it with the Rifle Basix trigger,and it was much better. The other drawback was its bulk. Too much to pack comfortably for me. I sold it and bought a TC and a couple of barrels. Check out Savage's website for approximate MSRP's. Good luck, Tom

Posts: 448 | Location: High Ridge MO USA | Registered: 16 February 2001Reply With Quote
<pshooter>
posted
I have a 308 striker that I have had since they came out and I am very pleased with it. Yes the trigger needs to be replaced and they are bulky, but for the money, you can't beat it. Learn how to use a rest effectivly in the field and you will surprise yourself with it. mvm

<SlimL>
posted
A Strike is on the list of things to buy for me, right after a barrel in 300 WSM, I think. The left hand bolt has always seemed like a good idea to me. As far as bulk goes when you're talking a handgun as big as a TC or the Striker, does it really matter? Hope that helps. Slim

<big bob>
posted
I have a super striker in .308. it shoots great and i have allot of fun with it. i had a freind work on the stock trigger and he was able to get it down to a pound and a half. As far as bulk its still smaller than a rifle. good luck i think you will enjoy it if you get it.

big bob

<xp100hunter>
posted
I had a Striker in 243 Win., but I just sold it because I got a great trade for an XP-100. I will buy another one in the future. I don't like the left hand bolt because I am left-handed. Accuracy is typically good, with some being great. Triggers must be dealt with, but are okay once worked on.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Striker in .308. It's the most accurate gun I own, shoots under 1 moa at 100 yds. I've swapped the trigger for the Riflebasix one, although when adjusted properly the stock one was about 3 lbs. The plastic stock is darned flexible though, so a Super Striker with the laminate might be a better choice. I had to work like heck to bed this thing, and when I did, I could easily twist the forearm against the bipod until the plastic contacted the barrel. So I inlaid a stainless steel strengthening member in the forearm, and now it shoots off the bipod as good as sandbags. Oh yes, and I also swapped the stamped recoil lug for a Sharpshooter supply one. The stock one isn't flat, and you could see the wear marks on one quarter of the lug. Maybe too much info, but I finally have the gun exactly the way I like it, but it still shot better than most of the rifles at the range in its stock configuration.

Posts: 207 | Location: Sacramento, CA, USA | Registered: 15 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
I have a 516FSAK with the AMB in .308 Winchester. The accuracy from this gun should be illegal.

Russ

------------------
"Out here, 'due process' is a bullet!" -- John Wayne, "The Green Berets"

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info everyone.Lone Hunter

Posts: 210 | Location: Smithfield, NC, USA | Registered: 15 April 2002Reply With Quote