Notify
Tools

TC Scout Pistol
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted
Posted in BP section also

I have wanted one for years and have never seen one.

Today a coworker brought me his (recent purchase) 50 Cal Scout to look at. I asked if he needed some BP to shoot it.

He asked me to bring it home and shoot it because he was short on time for the near future.

Well Duh!

So now I need info, I have RBs (low power plinking), 250 and 320 REALs and 370 Lyman Maxiball.

Any suggestions, locations for info appreciated.

Since this was posted I have done what I do with anything I am gong to shoot. I took took it completely apart and cleaned it thoroughly. He had said something about rust, but that did not seem to be an issue as the bluing was in excellent shape. I found that he had never found the secret to taking it completely apart because the trigger mechanism was in need of cleaning. 30-40 minutes on the barrel and i have revealed pitting . . . in of all places the muzzle. Not likely to be a cast shooter and only time will tell if will digest PRBs to plink and sabots if he wants me to try it for hunting loads. So if I order sabots trough the mail will they come in a plain brown wrapper so no one will know what I have bought?

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is it the .45, the .50, or the .54? Sam Fadala wrote about loading for them in one of his black powder manuals a couple editions ago.

one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
I have one in 54cal you can get the manual from TC's web site. I shoot Patch round balls and LEE REAL bullets in mine. If you dont load it to hot it is real fun to shoot.

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote